There are certain things that you can postpone in life, but putting off on renewing your car insurance is a bad idea. Having a car insurance in the UAE is compulsory. It is illegal to drive in the UAE without a car insurance. It is also illegal to drive if your car insurance has expired. Therefore it is necessary that you renew your car insurance way ahead of the due date so that you are not stuck with something more pressing around the expiry date.
What are the consequences you can face if your car insurance has expired?
The following are the various consequences that one can face when their car insurance has expired:
- There is extra work for the insurance company and which in turn triggers more hassle to the customer.
- You do not get a quote on the vehicle until it has been physically inspected and photographed.
- If you are caught with an expired car insurance, your car will be impounded.
- You will face a lot of risk and penalties.
- You will be spending more money in getting a car insurance after it has expired.
- You will be left without any financial assistance if it gets stolen or catches fire after the car insurance has expired.
- You will have difficulty getting a new policy. You may end up having to pay more premium.
What should you do if your car insurance has expired?
You must do the following after your car insurance policy has expired:
- You must get in touch with your agent and request him to assist you with renewing your insurance. The agent can reinstate your policy and save you from having to pay the penalty.
- You must not take your car out. Driving a car without an insurance is a risk. If there is any damage caused during the non-covered period, it will not be reimbursed and you will not get financial assistance. You must consider choosing an insurance provider who lets you renew your insurance online.
- If your policy has been cancelled because you missed paying the premium, you will have to get a new one. Choose an insurance company that is reliable.
- It is very easy to buy a policy online. It saves you a lot of time and you can renew your policy online as well. But, make sure that you have done a lot of research on which insurer you want to choose. Compare the insurance offered by various providers and choose the one that suits your needs.
- Keep a reminder to renew your policy on time so that you don’t have to go through the unnecessary hassle of buying a new policy after yours expires.
Also Checkout Top 10 Checklist for your Car Insurance
You must keep multiple reminders to renew your car insurance policy on time. If your car insurance policy has expired, don’t take the car out as it is extremely risky. If something were to happen to your car after the insurance has expired, you won’t get any financial aid.