Standard Chartered is an international bank with presence in the UAE since 1958. With a legacy of over 150 years, the bank has among the highest credibility among international banks in the UAE. Standard Chartered has adapted to the UAE market by providing both traditional and Islamic banking products. The bank’s network in the UAE consists of 11 branches, 5 Electronic Banking Units and more than 100 ATMs and CDMs.
Standard Chartered offers 6 types of credit cards to its customers – Shukran World, Shukran Titanium, Visa Infinite, Titanium, Manhattan Platinum and Saadiq Platinum. The cards come with reward points, cashback and other benefits, as well as attractive promotional offers on dining, travel & leisure, health & wellness and shopping that run throughout the year.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Dining Offers
By using Standard Chartered credit cards, you can eat out and get attractive discounts. Some of the best offers available for 2016 are:
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite cardholders can get 15% off on food and beverages at participating Pullman and Sofitel hotels on a minimum bill of US$100 and a 15% discount on spa treatments on a minimum bill of US$200. The offer is valid until December 31, 2016. This offer can be redeemed at the following hotels:
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
- Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
- Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea and Spa, Bahrain
- Al Hamra Hotel, Saudi Arabia
- Sofitel Al Khobar the Corniche, Saudi Arabia
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite cardholders can avail a 20% concession on the signature flavoured cakes by Sugaholic. The offer is valid until September 1, 2016.
- Get a 20% rebate on food and drinks at Jazz and Fizz, Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, on using your Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card. The offer is valid up to June 14, 2016.
- Avail a 15% discount on total bill at some restaurants in Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City if you use Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card. The offer is valid up to June 1, 2016. The participating restaurants are:
- Tamanya Terrace
- Icon Bar
- Chef’s House
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card owners can get 15% off their food and beverage bills at Madisson Sport Bar and Baharat Restaurant at Ibis Dubai, Al Barsha. The offer is valid up to September 30, 2016.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Health & Wellness Offers
Take some time off your routine to swipe your Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card at some relaxing activities. Here are some deals you can use:
- Get 10% off on the best available rates for weekend stays, and 20% off on weekdays, at Al Maha Desert Resort in Dubai. Reserve your stay via +971-4-832-9900 and use the code Visa Global to avail the offer.
- Get a 20% discount until September 5, 2016, at Armonia Spa in Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, Dubai.
- Avail a 15% rebate on all spa treatments at Fit & Spa, Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Hotel and Residence, Dubai, on a minimum bill of USD 200. This offer is valid until September 30, 2016.
- Be eligible for a 20% concession at Lily & Peach Spa on body massages one hour or longer, until June 28, 2016.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Travel & Leisure Offers
Travel and leisure activities don’t have to be heavy on the wallet anymore, as using your Standard Chartered credit cards at some of the entertainment/vacation spots can give you added benefits. Here are some of the promotional offers going on this year:
- Vox Cinemas: Standard Chartered credit card users are eligible for a 50% discount on purchase of 2D and 3D movie tickets. You can buy a maximum of 6 tickets per movie session under this offer. This promotion runs until February 28, 2017.
- Abu Dhabi Golf Club: 20% off on green fees rack rate between Sundays and Wednesdays at Abu Dhabi Golf Club for Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card users. This offer is valid up to December 31, 2016.
- Jumeirah Golf Estates: 20% rebate on green fees rack rate between Sundays and Wednesdays at Jumeirah Golf Estates for Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card holders. You can also avail a 20% discount on food and beverage bills here. This offer is valid up to August 31, 2016.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card are eligible for a complimentary VIP upgrade at Dubai Dolphinarium until October 21, 2016.
- Xclusive Yachts: Xclusive Yachts provides Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card owners with a complimentary hour-up until June 1, 2016.
- LoungeKey: All Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card users and a guest can avail access to VIP lounges in over 500 airports until September 30, 2016.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Shopping Offers
To make shopping with Standard Chartered credit cards easier on your pocket, there are Easy Payment Plans (EPP) on various merchants across the UAE. The EPP request has to be made within 2 days of the transaction or 7 working days before the Credit Card Statement billing date, to avail the offer. Let’s take a look at some of the EPP offers that are valid till December 31, 2016:
- Get 0% interest for 6 months on purchase above AED 1,000 at the following outlets:
- Jacky’s Electronics
- homes r us, Dubai
- Eros Digital Home and Switch outlets
- Emax Electronics
- Sky Jewellery, Dubai
- Sharaf DG
- Joyalukkas (on gold and diamond jewellery)
- Avail 0% interest for 6 months without any processing fees on bookings above AED 1,000 at the following merchants:
- Malabar Gold and Diamonds
- SNTTA (Sharjah National Travel & Tourist Agency)
- Sports One
- E City
- Grand Stores
- Home Centre LLC (Offer valid till August 14, 2016)
- At VLCC outlets, you can get a 0% interest for 6 months for purchases/bookings above AED 2,500.
These deals are a great way to save while you spend, and an opportunity to have fun with friends and family. Standard Chartered credit card deals are time-bound and dependent on availability. So before you claim an offer, check with the bank or the merchants to ensure that it is still in vogue.