Introduction to RAKBANK Travel Insurance in UAE
Whether it is a quick weekend escape or a business trip, travel insurance brought by RAKBANK and offered by Oman Insurance Company (P.S.C), provides cover for untoward incidents, from loss of passport and emergency medical expenses to missed and delayed flight departures. What’s more, it also provides extension for winter sports and hazardous activities on payment of additional premiums.
Features and Benefits of RAKBANK Travel Insurance
- The policy can be used as an annual insurance (18-64 years) for unlimited trips (62 days) for either business travel (premium charged is AED 820) or business and holidays (premium charged is AED 1050). Children below 16 years get 50% discount on the aforementioned premium rates.
- Customers can opt for a six month travel insurance cover which gives worldwide coverage for unlimited number of trips (up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Pre-existing medical conditions will be covered provided the customer pays an additional premium.
- Provides winter sports and hazardous activity extensions on payment of additional premium.
- Customers can pay online using a credit card or pay directly to RAKBANK account.
- Customers can avail of cash back benefits if they pay travel insurance premiums with their RAKBANK credit card.
Coverage Details of RAKBANK Travel Insurance
Coverage provided under different heads is listed below:
- Cancellation charges- maximum USD 5,000
- Emergency medical and associated expenses - USD 1,000,000
- Cutting short itinerary USD 5,000
- Personal accident - USD 25,000
- Loss of passport- USD 500
- Baggage- USD 5,000
- Delayed baggage- USD 350
- Personal money- USD 500
- Personal liability- USD 1,000,000
- Missed departure- USD 1,000
- Legal expenses- USD 4,000
Premiums of RAKBANK Travel Insurance
- Customers have to pay premiums of AED 65 (AGCC and Jordan), AED 75 (Europe, Mediterranean Indian Sub-continent), AED 210 (USA and Canada), and AED 150 (rest of the world) for up to 7 days.
- AED 85 (AGCC and Jordan), AED 95 (Europe, Mediterranean Indian Sub-Continent), AED 265 (USA and Canada), AED 200 (rest of the world) for a period ranging from 8 to 14 days.
- AED 125 (AGCC and Jordan), 160 (Europe, Mediterranean Indian Sub-continent), AED 360 ((USA and Canada), AED 260 (rest of the world) for a period ranging from 15 to 30 days.
Eligibility Criteria for RAKBANK Travel Insurance
- Adults between 18 and 65 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Children aged between 6 months to 18 years.
- Resident in the AGCC (Arab Gulf Co-operation Council) at the time of policy issuance.
- Customer on a holiday or business trip.
- Overseas round trip beginning and ending in the AGCC.
- Maximum coverage age is 74 years.
Why choose RAKBANK Travel Insurance?
In the event of any serious ailments or accidents, a 24-hour emergency assistance service is operated by the Assistance Company (+ 442032857250). For simple outpatient treatment, customers must pay hospital or clinic expenses but can claim the amount upon return to their country of residence in the AGCC. RANKBANK offers both single trip and six months cover for the benefit of customers. Travel insurance for single trip covers individuals aged between 65 to 69 years (additional 50% premium) and individuals aged between 70 to 74 years (additional 150% premium). It offers a coverage period for 92 days while an additional 50% premium has to be paid to cover pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance for six months covers individuals aged between 65 to 69 years upon payment of an additional 50% premium. It covers unlimited number of trips up to 30 days with an additional premium of 25% for pre-existing medical conditions.
Other products offered by RAKBANK in UAE are:
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
What are the documents required for claim submission?
- Copy of the charge slip
- Copy of the statement of account showing the purchase of ticket.
- Copy of the air ticket issued by a licensed common carrier.
- Copy of the passport and visa.
What are the exclusions?
- Unacceptable medical conditions
- Awaiting an operation, consultation, awaiting the results of any test or investigations or terminal prognosis.
- Travelling against the advice of a doctor
- In need of treatment or consultation during a trip or travelling for the purpose of obtaining or receiving any elective surgery procedure
Does the plan cover winter sports or hazardous activities?
Yes, provided additional premium is paid. The plan will cover you and your equipment. Sports extensions include scuba diving (100% additional premium), winter sports (100% additional premium) and sports and hazardous activities (100% additional premium).
Does the plan cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Yes but only after payment of the additional premium. Single trip costs 50% additional premium, annual multi trip 25% additional premium and semi-annual multi trip costs 25% additional premium.