Mashreq Bank offers credit cards for class and convenience, smart saver card that helps slash your monthly expenses and is helpful for the frequent travellers, for movie buffs and for those who like the convenience and want to save for their business. You get protection, flexibility and a chance to live in comfort and style. You will also be entitled to earn rewards on your Mashreq Bank credit card.
Credit Cards offered by Mashreq Bank
The credit cards offered by Mashreq Bank are:
- Elite Credit Card - With the Elite card, you get all the benefits and can enjoy the privileges to compliment your lifestyle, travel, shopping, dining, sports, entertainment and adventure.
- SmartSaver Credit Card – This card is specifically designed for those who want to save. You get to save up to 10% at partner outlets across everyday spend categories like supermarket, electronics, retail and fashion, health and wellness, home furnishing, books and stationery, jewellery, auto rentals and accessories, travel, entertainment, daily delights and convenience stores. The cardholder can save 5% on utility and education expenses, 1.25% on local purchases and 3.25% on all international spends.
- Mashreq Air Arabia Credit card – This card is perfect for travellers for business or pleasure. You can earn rewards on each spend. You can avail discounts, travel insurance, complimentary meals and baggage vouchers. You can earn Air Arabia Dirhams for every retail purchase.
- Mashreq Nova Cinemas Credit Card – With this card you get tickets for half price, and you get rewards. You get to beat the queue and walk the red carpet etc.
- Mashreq Platinum Business Credit Card – This card is free for life and you get up to 99 supplementary cards that can be issued to your staff. You can monitor spends on the cards issued to the staff. Get 1.25% cashback on all the domestic retail spends and 2.5% cashback on all international retail spends. Maximum cashback every month is AED 1,000.
- Mashreq sMiles Credit Card – You can earn up to 3.25 miles on everyday spends spent internationally and up to 1.25 miles on the AED spent locally on this card. This card doesn’t charge annual fees. You can redeem the miles at over 300 airlines and at 180,000 hotels.
- Mashreq Selfie Card – This card is available to the Platinum Elite Credit Card holders. With every card you now get a selfie stick. The card will be personalised with your favourite picture. You can enjoy the full suite of Platinum Elite rewards and earn 4 Salaam points for every domestic spend and 10 Salaam points for the international spends. You also get a bonus credit of 15,000 points. With the free priority pass you get access to over 700 airport lounges and complimentary multi- trip travel insurance. Cardholder can enjoy up to 5% exclusive dining discounts and other lifestyle privileges.
- Mashreq Solitaire Credit Card – Cardholder can enjoy 5 Salaam Carats on local purchases and 10 Salaam Carats on international purchases on every dirham spent. The Salaam Carats can be redeemed for vouchers for beauty products, fashion products, jewellery, gift and travel. You also get a comprehensive multi-trip travel insurance for your complete family.
- Mashreq Millionaire Gold Credit Card – There is no annual fee charged on this card. You get discount in dining and travel and 0% easy payment plan. You get to enjoy the accident care and credit shield on this card. Enjoy the online and mobile banking and payment partnership with the UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Al Ansari and Redha Al Ansari Exchange. You get free supplementary cards for your family members.
About Mashreq Bank
Mashreq Bank was established in 1967 and is located in the UAE. Mashreq Bank has its presence in Egypt, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain. It is one of the highest performing banks in UAE. Mashreq Bank has the largest ATM networks in the country and has 12 overseas offices in 9 countries such as Europe, US, Asia and Africa.
Mashreq Bank has prided itself for its innovative and pioneering spirit. It has been named as the ‘Best Bank in the UAE’ by the Euromoney magazine in 2006. It was the first to issue debit and credit cards and the first to introduce consumer loans in UAE. It was the first bank to offer chip-based credit cards and digital point of sale readers and other investment funds linked directly to the Indian stock market.
Why choose Mashreq Bank credit card?
Mashreq Credit cards have the best features and benefits and offer you simple and easy solutions to the customer. The Mashreq Credit Card can be used at various places in UAE as well as internationally. Mashreq has credit cards catering to different needs that a customer needs. You will also be eligible to earn Salaam points which can be redeemed at over 1,850 outlets across UAE. The SmartSaver credit card was the winner of the ‘Best Credit Card’ at Smart Card Awards, Middle East 2013.
Mashreq Bank Credit Cards offers
Mashreq Bank credit cards are offering the following promotions:
- 0% Easy Payment plan where your purchases can be converted to easy payment plan at 1000+ outlets.
- You get a 15% off on air tickets.
- Holiday packages and complimentary travel insurance on the travel bookings.
- You get to save up to 10% at partner outlets across everyday spend categories like supermarket, electronics, retail and fashion, health and wellness, home furnishing, books and stationery, jewellery, auto rentals and accessories, travel, entertainment, daily delights and convenience stores.
- You get movie tickets for half the price and also to you get to beat the queue and walk the red carpet.
- You can earn up to 3.25 miles on everyday spends spent internationally and up to 1.25 miles on the AED spent locally with the sMiles Credit Card.
- With the Platinum Business card you get up to 99 supplementary cards that can be issued to your staff and which can also be monitored.
- With the free priority pass you get access to over 700 airport lounges and complimentary multi- trip travel insurance.
- The Salaam Carats can be redeemed for vouchers for beauty products, fashion products, jewellery, gift and travel.
|Check For Latest Mashreq Bank Credit Cards Offers|
Features and benefits of Mashreq Bank credit card
The Mashreq Credit Card holder gets to enjoy the following features and benefits:
- Credit shield up to AED 100,000 in case of loss of life, death or hospitalisation.
- Get a five in one cover with smart protect.
- Enjoy the Mashreq privileges at Wellness, Spa and Fitness, Entertainment, Sports and Leisure, Healthcare, Hotel Apartment, Rent a car, Shopping, Online Shopping, Business Support Services, Mashreq Flavours, Mashreq Travel Easy, 0% Easy Payment Plan and various Visa and MasterCard offers.
- Enjoy best travel programme with discounts up to 15% on air tickets, offers on holiday packages and complimentary travel insurance.
- You get up to 50% off at the 1,800 restaurants in UAE and 1,300 restaurants across GCC and India.
- You can avail 0% Easy Payment Plan at 1000+ outlets and with 100+ brands to choose from.
- You get SMS alerts for all the transactions.
- You can enjoy the convenience through online banking, mobile banking, mobile alerts, remittance and instant bill payments.
- You get Salaam rewards for every dirham spent on the card, which are redeemable.
Fees and Charges of Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
The below table shows the schedule of fees and charges of the Mashreq Credit Cards
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Joining fee for Etisalat Signature and Etisalat Platinum credit card(those that are not free for life)||AED 1000 and AED 300 Respectively|
|Annual fee for Solitaire credit card||AED 1500 for principal card and AED 600 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Mashreq Al Islami Platinum credit card||AED 500 for primary card, free for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Platinum Elite credit card||AED 650 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for FIFA World Cup Credit Card||AED 200 for principal card, Supplementary card has no fees|
|Annual fee for Nova Titanium Credit Card||AED 300 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Etisalat Signature Credit Card||AED 500 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Etisalat Platinum Credit Card||AED 200 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Air Arabia Classic Credit Card||AED 100 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card||AED 350 for principal card and AED 149 for supplementary card|
|Annual fee for Smart Saver card||Primary and Supplementary cards are free for life|
|Annual fee for sMiles Titanium Credit Card||No charge for both Primary and Supplementary cards|
|Annual fee for Gold, Classic and Business Platinum credit cards||No charge for both Primary and Supplementary cards|
|Annual fee for Mashreq Corporate Credit Card||No charge for both Primary and Supplementary cards|
|Annual fee for Etisalat Classic and Etisalat Gold Credit Card||No charge for both Primary and Supplementary cards|
|Maintenance fee for Gold and Classic Credit Card||AED 10 per month, no charge for all other cards|
|Card Replacement fee||The fee is AED 600 for Solitaire cards and AED 200 for all other cards|
|Fee for replacement of Tap N Go Sticker||Not applicable for Mashreq Corporate credit card, AED 30 for all other credit cards|
|Fee for returned cheques||All cards charge a fee of AED 300|
|Fee for Late Payment||All cards charge a fee of AED 395|
|Fees for Over Limit||All cards charge a fee of AED 279|
|Fees for paper Statement||Starting June 20th 2016, all cards will charge a fee of AED 5|
|Fees for acquiring additional copy of statement||All cards charge a fee of AED 15|
|Tawarruq Profit rate per month||Mashreq Al Islami Platinum will charge 3.25% and all other cards have no charge|
|Tawarruq Profit Cash rate per month||Mashreq Al Islami Platinum will charge 3.09% and all other cards have no charge|
|Retail Interest rate||2.99% per month for Solitaire card, not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami Platinum card and all other cards charge interest rate of 3.25% per month|
|Interest rate on cash advance||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami Platinum card, all other cards charge interest rate of 3.75% per month|
|Cash Advance Fee||AED 100 per transaction for Mashreq Al Islami Platinum card, the higher of 3% of withdrawn amount or AED 200 for all other cards|
|Fee for foreign transactions||3.45% for Mashreq Corporate card, 2.30% for all other cards|
|Credit Shield if opted||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, 0.89% of the outstanding balance for all other credit cards|
|Fee for Smart Protect||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, AED 60 per month for all other credit cards|
|Fee for Pay Protect||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, Charged at 0.99% of the outstanding balance for all other credit cards|
|Fee for Pay Protect Lite||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, Charged at 0.59% of the outstanding balance for all other credit cards|
|Fee for Accident Care||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, AED 600,000 cover at AED 45 per month or AED 300,000 cover at AED 30 per month for all other credit cards|
|Fee for SMS facility||No charge|
|Interest rate for Balance Transfer plan or Easy Cash Fee||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, Charged at 1% balance for all other credit cards|
|Cancellation for Balance Transfer plan or Easy Cash Fee||Not applicable for Mashreq Al Islami and Mashreq Corporate credit cards, AED 100 for all other cards|
|Processing fee of 0% Easy payment plans at participating merchant outlets||Not applicable for Mashreq Corporate credit card, 0% for Mashreq Al Islami card, 1% for 3 and 6 month tenures or 2% for 9 and 12 month tenures for all other cards|
|0% EPP cancellation fee||Not applicable for Mashreq Corporate credit card, AED 250 for all other cards|
|Credit card payments made at Mashreq Branches||Fee of AED 25|
|Credit card payments made at third party locations||No charge for Mashreq Al Islami, Solitaire and Platinum Elite credit cards, AED 4 for all other credit cards|
|Fee for International card delivery||AED 200|
|Maximum Cashback capped per card||AED 5000 per month for Smart Saver Card, AED 1000 per month for Business Platinum card|
|Minimum cashback for redemption||AED 100 per month for both Smart Saver card and Business Platinum card|
|Dynamic conversion currency fee - non-Islamic credit cards||1.25% for all cards|
|International Transaction fee (DCC) – Mashreq Al Islami Platinum||1.25%|
Other products offered by Mashreq BankThe Mashreq Bank also provides the following products apart from offering Credit Cards:
- Mashreq Bank Fixed deposit
- Current accounts
- Mashreq Bank Personal loan
- Mashreq Bank Car loan
- Car refinance
- Mashreq Bank Home loan for UAE and Non-UAE resident
- Revolving and secured overdraft
- Debit cards
- Life and general insurance
- Corporate banking through lending, treasury and capital markets and cash management and investment banking.
- Business banking and international banking services are provided.
Mashreq Bank credit card - Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I need to pay annual fees for my credit card? No, annual fees are not charged for any of the Mashreq credit cards.
- Who are the payment partner that Mashreq Bank has associated with? Mashreq bank has partnership with the UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Al Ansari and Redha Al Ansari Exchange.
- What documents are required to apply for a Mashreq Credit Card? If you have a tenancy contract or vehicle registration, you can avail a Mashreq Credit Card.
- Will I be eligible for the Salaam Program? Salaam Program is offered to the existing Mashreq UAE Retail Banking individual customers and it covers eligible conventional Islamic products.
- How long will the Salaam points be valid for? The Salaam points will expire in 3 years from availing them.
- Do I get supplementary cards with my Mashreq Credit card? Yes, you get supplementary cards. With the Mashreq Platinum Business Credit Card you get 99 supplementary cards.
News About Mashreq Bank Credit Card
Mashreq Tap n Go offers discounts
You get discount by using the Mashreq Tap n Go to make contactless payments in supermarkets and cafes across 200 stores. For transaction that is made with the partnering supermarkets, the Mashreq customers will get 10% off their bill. The maximum cap is fixed at AED10 per bill. If you are making payment at Novo Cinemas, you will be rewarded with a free soft drink. You get 50% discount on coffee and beverages at Jamaica Blue Coffee. Currently the listed partners are spread across 200 stores in the UAE.
22nd September 2016
Mashreq Bank Wins Big at Two Categories of 2016 Card & Payments Awards
Mashreq Bank won awards in two different categories at the recently held 2016 Card & Payments awards. Mashreq Bank won the award for "Best Credit Card" category with their Etisalat Signature Card that allows cardholders to use a rewards program to reduce their expenses on Etisalat services such as talk time or broadband. The bank also won in the "Most Improved Payment Card" category for their Platinum Elite Portraits Card that allows them to use a photo to customize the front of their payment card.
Mashreq Bank’s Regional Head of Payments, Mr Pankaj Kundra said that this card has been highly popular among their customers and has been a reflection of their evolving habits. He said that these awards were a testament to their hard work and strive towards attaining excellence in Banking.
10th July 2016
Mashreq Bank to open its new headquarter in Downtown Dubai
Mashreq Bank - one of the leading banks in the UAE has decided to establish its new corporate headquarter in Downtown Dubai. Currently, the bank has it headquarter in Deira. Soon, the bank is going to start constructing its new headquarter towards the end of this year. It is expected that the construction shall start in the month of December, 2016 and complete by April 2019. The building shall be located at Dubai Financial Centre Road, Burj Khalifa District. To construct this new headquarter, the bank has signed a contract of 28 months with Arabian Construction Company (ACC). The contract was signed between Ghassan Merehbi –the Chairman of Arabian Construction Company and AbdulAziz Al Ghurair – the chief executive of Mashreq.
7th July 2016
10,000 Workers Benefitted by Charity Drive Held by Mashreq
A Ramadan charity initiative organised by Mashreq has benefitted over 10,000 workers. This initiative was aimed at targeting blue collar workers and has a "Smile on the Face Care Kit Box" being offered to various workers.
This initiative was conducted in a partnership with Tamquest Entertainment and the Smile on the Face Care Kit Box was a care package that contained Iftar meals and personal care items and was handed out every Friday by employees to over 3000 labourers across labour camps in Dubai.
Mashreq commented that donating and volunteering has been an integral part in their wider CSR activities and is a way to give back to the local communities they value so much.
3rd July 2016
Mashreq Bank’s new Mobile Application to boost Business in the SME Sector.
Mashreq Bank recently launched SnappBiz – a new and exclusive mobile application to help the growth of business in the SME sector. The mobile application is launched with the purpose of providing efficient, easy and accessible services to the SME customers. Now on, customers would be able to enjoy services when they are on the go. Given that digital media is changing the way people live and their behaviour, Mashreq Bank has launched this app to provide enhanced customer services. This will in return help the SME sector to grow faster. The app would provide greater convenience for customers to manage their banking relationship at anytime from anywhere with the help of their smartphones. Mashreq Bank is known for incorporating the latest technological innovations into its business practices and thereby provide the best solutions.
09th June 2015
New Private Banking and Wealth Management Head appointed by Mashreq
TMr. Rajesh Malkani has been appointed as the new Head of Private Banking and Wealth Management Business by Mashreq. The retail Head, Subroto Som commented that Wealth Management is the main area of focus and growth and Mashreq Private Banking and Wealth Management Business has been driving Mashreq’s retail banking growth. He believes that the strategic plans will be achieved and exceeded by Rajesh Malkani. Rajesh Malkani previous held a senior management position at Standard Chartered and BNP Paribas. He was also the Managing Director, Regional Head for South Asia, Middle East and Africa in London as well as Managing Director and Regional Head for North and South East Asia in Singapore.
19th May 2016
Net profit for Q1 2016 announced by Mashreq: Dh532 million.
Announcing a lower profit this year than in the same quarter last year, Mashreq has announced a net profit of Dh532 million for the first quarter of 2016. In the same quarter last year, Mashreq announced a net profit of Dh651 million.
25th April 2016
Mashreq Recognized for Customer Driver Banking Services and Products
At the 2016 Banker Middle East Product Awards, organized by CPI Financial, Mashreq extended its winning streak by bagging a total of four awards in two categories. The financial institution was recognized for its innovative technology, service excellence and customer focus. The bank won awards for the ‘Best Premium Credit Card – Solitaire’, ‘Best Real Estate Advisory – Real Estate division’, ‘Best Trade Finance Offering – Trade Finance/Business Banking and ‘Best Mobile Banking Service – Snapp’.
As one of the leading banks in the region, Mashreq has proved its constant streak of success in its product strategy by winning the ‘Best Mobile Banking Service’ for the second time, consecutively. The institution has a dedicated team of mobile experts who create mobile phones, websites, ATMs and tablets with innovative, user-friendly and intuitive customer-centric experiences.
Mashreq’s Head of the Corporate Banking Investment Group, John Iossifidis and Head of Retail Banking Group, Subroto Som expressed their intention of being at the top of innovation and customer satisfaction in the banking sector in the region.
21st April 2016
Mashreq bank launches new account!
Mashreq Bank recently launched the first Happiness account in UAE. This account is available to customers transferring their salary. The account offers an amount up to AED 2,500 as soon as the first salary is transferred to the account. The customer can also earn Salaam points worth AED 25 every month when they make five online bill payments or money transfer. There is also a draw conducted every month which will give the customers a chance to win AED 100,000 and spend it on whatever they want. The best part about the account is that it offers a free for life credit card that offers up to 10% cashback on expenditures made with the card.
15th April 2016
Brand New Corporate Credit Card Launched by Mashreq Bank
Mashreq Bank has introduced a brand new premium credit card especially designed for corporates so that they can streamline their business expense management. The credit card addresses the requirements of large corporates that are looking to increase efficiency, drive savings and maximise control while offering attractive benefits to their employees. Businesses can use the credit card to streamline centralised expenses like software or hardware purchases, insurance payments, municipality fees, stationery bills, import duties, utility payments, etc. Even expenses incurred by business related to their employees, such as business entertainment, hotels, travel, etc. can be streamlined through the new Corporate Credit Card. A host of other benefits and rewards can also be availed through the card.
10th February 2016