Introduction to HSBC Travel Insurance in UAE
Whether travelling abroad for business or leisure, there’s only so much you can do to ensure safe and hassle-free journeys. If you are one of those who lives in and out of suitcases and is exposed to several risks during travelling, you should opt for travel insurance which caters to all your needs. Zurich Travel Insurance brought to you by HSBC ensures that you are not at sea when you encounter the unexpected from losing your luggage to missed flights. All insurance benefits are provided by Zurich Insurance Middle East S.A.L. The policyholder cannot hold HSBC responsible for any claims, processing or otherwise.
Features and Benefits of HSBC Travel Insurance
- HSBC's insurance partner Zurich, offers four holistic insurance plans- Gold, Silver, Family or Schengen plans which offer wide ranging benefits.
- Customers can avail of worldwide cover for delayed, lost or stolen baggage, accidental loss or damage to personal laptop, flight delays, emergency medical expenses and evacuation, loss of travel documents, personal money and credit card fraud among others.
- Zurich's Gold Travel Insurance provides additional benefits such as cover for missed events up to USD 400, legal assistance up to USD 5,000, missed flight connection up to USD 1,000, home care (during travelling) up to USD 1,000 in addition to cover against mugging for up to USD 100 among others.
- Customers can avail of 10% discount on travel insurance if they buy it online.
Coverage Offered by HSBC Travel Insurance
- Worldwide - $150,000 for Gold, $100,000 for Silver, $100,000 for family, $25,000 for Schengen
Emergency Medical Expenses
- Worldwide- $1,000,000 for Gold, $500,000 for Silver, $250,000 for family, $50,000 for Schengen
- Emergency Dental Treatment (worldwide) - $1,200 for Gold, $750 for Silver, $1,000 for family
- Compassionate Visit - Up to cost of economy ticket (Gold)
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains - $10,000 for Gold, $7,000 for Silver, $5,000 for family and $5,000 for Schengen
- Personal Baggage - $5,000 for Gold, $1,500 for Silver, $2,000 for family
- Baggage Delay - $50 per hour up to a maximum of $1,000 for Gold, $50 per hour up to a maximum of $500 for Silver, $50 per hour up to a maximum of $500 for family
- Flight Delay - $50 per hour up to a maximum of $1,000 for Gold, $50 per hour up to a maximum of $500 for Silver, $50 per hour up to a maximum of $500 for family
- Trip Cancellation or Curtailment- $6,000 for Gold, $4,000 for Silver
- Mugging - $100 for Gold
- Loss of Travel Documents - $1,000 for Gold, $500 for Silver
- Hijack - $250 per hour up to a maximum of $10,000 for GOld, $125 per hour up to a maximum of $5,000 for Silver
- Personal Liability - $1,000,000 for GOld, $500,000 for Silver, $100,000 for family
Eligibility Criteria for HSBC Travel Insurance
- Only UAE residents are eligible.
- Aged between 18 and 70 years.
- Children above 3 months and under 18 years
- Customers holding accounts or credit cards with HSBC
Injuries resulting from the following events are not covered
- Professional sport
- Intentional self-inflicted injury/ suicide
- Illegal acts
- Items excluded under personal baggage include medicines, foodstuffs, mobiles and dentures among others
Why choose HSBC travel insurance?
Long travels can be unpredictable in more ways than one, from minor disturbances such as luggage delays to major ones such as loss of travel documents and mugging. One would, therefore, do well to go for travel insurance which factors in everything that could go wrong during your travels. HSBC travel insurance is a truly comprehensive insurance policy in that it provides wide coverage such as emergency dental treatment, flight cancellation and accidents among others. Since all the four plans provide varied benefits, customers can pick and choose the plan most suitable for them after studying all the important parameters.
Other products offered by HSBC in UAE are:
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
What is the 'Sum Insured' for children?
What are the items covered under baggage loss?
When does HSBC travel insurance coverage start?
How many trips can be taken in one year or before the expiry of the policy?
What is 'Emergency Evacuation'?
Children are insured by Zurich for the same amount as adults, excepting personal accident and medical expenses. Compensation to children is 10% of the sum insured and up to USD 25,000 for personal accident while it is 10% of the sum insured and up to USD 100,000 for medical expenses.
HSBC travel insurance provides coverage for only common carrier checked-in baggage. Valuables misplaced or stolen are not covered.
The insurance will be effective from the policy effective date.
You can opt for either a single trip or annual multi-trips depending on the plan chosen- Gold, Silver, Family or Schengen.
Emergency evacuation (taking the insured from one medical facility to another owing to lack of proper medical treatment) is ordered by a physician from the assistance department who certifies the severity of an injury and ensures medical evacuation.