HSBC credit cards are truly global in that they are recognized in over 32 million establishments across the world. HSBC Credit Cards offers customers manifold benefits in addition to attractive features such as Air Miles rewards, 20% discount at Intercontinental restaurants in Dubai Festival City, free drinks, customised menus, free movie tickets, free valet parking, 15% discount on concierge services and competitive monthly interest rate of 2.25% on retail purchases among many others.
Credit Cards Offered by HSBC
One of the eligibility criteria for customers is they must have HSBC Premier accounts (Black Credit Card, Premier Credit Card, Advance Credit Card) or have a minimum monthly salary of AED 15,000 (Platinum Credit Card) and AED 5,000 (Platinum Select Credit Card).
- HSBC Black Credit Card: Has an annual fee of AED 2,000. Offers competitive interest rates (2.25%). Customers can pay in easy monthly instalments with 0% interest (Flexi Instalment Plan). HSBC will not charge any interest on purchases for up to 56 days if monthly amounts are paid. Also, customers can transfer balance from another credit card to HSBC Black Credit Card at 0% interest rate for the first six months.
- HSBC Premier Credit Card: There is no annual fee. Customers can get up to 50% of credit limit as cash advance. Customers can avail of several benefits including 0% interest on the balance transferred from another bank to HSBC account, 2.25% monthly interest rate on retail purchases, unlimited number of free supplementary credit cards, Credit Shield Plus (covers loss of life, permanent total disability and critical illness) among others.
- HSBC Advance Credit Card: There is no annual fee. Customers can avail of several travel benefits, a minimum monthly payment of 5% of outstanding balance or AED 100, purchase protection (shoppers will get cover for accidental damage or theft within 90 days from the date of purchase for up to USD 5,000 every year) and 2.99% interest rate on retail purchases. Customers can also avail of the services of a team of financial advisers.
- HSBC Platinum Credit Card: Customers with a minimum salary of AED 15,000 can avail of the card. There is no annual fee for the first 12 months but customers have to pay AED 600 after a year if they do not spend more than AED 8,000. Customers can earn 1 air mile for every AED 1 spent and can also avail of purchase protection, credit shield plus and extended warranty for up to 1 year. (Comes into force after manufacturer's warranty expires) among other benefits.
- HSBC Platinum Select Credit Card: There is no annual fees. Customers with a minimum monthly salary of AED 5,000 can get the card which provides hundreds of attractive offers in several areas such as leisure, entertainment and dining among others. Customers can aval of the 0% Flexi Installment Plan (make purchases and pay in easy monthly installments at 0% interest), earn 1 Air Mile for every AED 4 spent and receive up to 50% of credit limit as cash advance and the HSBC Entertainer app which has over 8,000 ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ offers across 15 countries among many others.
Why choose HSBC Credit Cards?
HSBC offers a world of benefits with a wide range of cards for the benefit of customers. From privileges and rewards to protection features and Entertainer Apps and cinema offers, customers can avail of a wide range of lifestyle benefits encompassing dining, leisure activities, entertainment avenues and sports. The credit cards, therefore, combine three important aspects, namely, adequate credit facilities, insurance protection and super attractive lifestyle benefits which are truly global catering to the tastes of all international travellers keeping in mind their specific needs and requirements not excluding the associated risks. Consequently, customers are assured of easy use sans hassles and a rewards programme and entertainment options which are not only a value addition but offer a rich experience owing to sheer range and accessibility.
HSBC Credit Card Latest OFfers
HSBC offers rewards programme on its credit cards in addition to several offers such as listed below:
- Bonus of 250,000 Air Miles that can be redeemed for any airline anywhere. The bonus air miles can be converted to shopping vouchers or customers can also shop online for any item for up to AED 1,700.
- With the help of HSBC Entertainer on mobile, customers can have access to over 8,000 "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" offers in 15 countries. The offers (dining, leisure, entertainment, wellness and so forth) cover families of customers as well.
- Customers can buy one movie ticket at Vox Cinemas and get another one free.
- Free valet parking at select VALTRANS locations.
- Unlimited access to 500 premium airport lounges
- Complimentary Hertz Gold membership.
- 20% discount on a chauffer service
- Priority reservation at top rated restaurants (if booked 24 hours in advance).
- 25% off at restaurant across the UAE (local dining discounts).
- 15% discount on annual resort membership fee at Madinat Jumeirah (20% discount on food and beverages)
- 20% discount at Intercontinental Dubai Festival Spas
- Golfing privileges at the Al Badia Golf Club
- Customers can avail of exclusive offers on shopping, dining, entertainment and so forth at 19,000 outlets across 160 countries.
- Some of the local discounts (UAE) include the following:
- Dining (54 offers)
- Health and beauty (13 offers)
- Travel (6 offers)
- Entertainment (7 offers)
- Bespoke dining experiences (30 offers)
|Check For Latest HSBC Credit Cards Offers|
Features & Benefits of HSBC Credit Card
- Credit cards come with a inbuilt state-of-the-art microchip technology with a 6 digit PIN authentication number which ensures better security and fraud protection
- Customers can earn 1 Air Mile for every AED 1 or 4 spent on retail purchases depending on the credit card.
- Some of the fees are as listed below:
- Cash advance fee - 3% of total amount (Minimum AED 100)
- Card replacement fee- Free
- Late payment fee – AED 200
- Over limit fee – AED 175
- Withdrawals from Current / Savings Account via ATM abroad – AED 20 per transaction
- Credit Shield Plus - 0.6% of Outstanding Balance
- Customers can easily provide standing instructions, money transfer and also access monthly card statements.
- HSBC Entertainer Mobile app keeps customers updated on several attractive offers
- Customers can get unlimited free supplementary credit Cards for family and friends
- Customers can avail of easy payment options internet banking, mobile banking, phone banking in addition to the wide network of HSBC branches.
- A processing fee will be charged for international / foreign currency transactions. (Transactions will first be converted to your billing currency). The processing fee will be charged as a percentage of the transaction amount.
- Customers can avail of purchase protection and extended warranty facility (Visa International and American Home Assurance Company). Monthly premium is 0.60% of the outstanding balance. Credit Shield Plus (CSP) an insurance cover (optional) for customers who cannot pay their bills owing to
- Critical illness
- Loss of life
- Total disability
- Employment loss (salaried)
- Temporary total disability (self-employed)
- Customers have to incur a monthly interest rate of 2.99% on retail purchases.
- Customers have to pay a minimum monthly payment of 5% of outstanding balance or AED 100.
- Customers can get up to 50% of credit limit as cash advance
- Customers can make several purchases and pay in easy monthly installments at 0% interest.
- 0% interest on balance transferred from another bank to HSBC for the first six months.
- Offer several dining, entertainment and travel discounts in addition to free valet parking services. Customers can also avail of cinema offers. Also, supplementary card holders can enjoy free access to select airport lounges across the world.
Fees and Charges of HSBC Credit Cards
The table below shows the schedule of fees and charges of HSBC credit cards
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Annual fees of HSBC Black credit card||AED 2000 for Primary card, Free for Supplementary card|
|Annual fees of HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card||Both Primary and Supplementary Cards are free|
|Annual fees of HSBC Advance MasterCard credit card||Primary card is free, First 2 Supplementary cards are free with subsequent cards costing AED 50|
|Annual fees of HSBC Visa Platinum credit card||AED 600 for Primary card, First 2 Supplementary cards are free with subsequent cards costing AED 50|
|Annual fees of HSBC Visa Platinum Select credit card||Primary card is free, First 2 Supplementary cards are free with subsequent cards costing AED 50|
|Annual fees of HSBC Visa Gold and MasterCard Gold credit card||AED 400 for Primary card, First 2 Supplementary cards are free with subsequent cards costing AED 50|
|Annual fees of HSBC Visa Classic and MasterCard Classic credit card||AED 150 for Primary card, First 2 Supplementary cards are free with subsequent cards costing AED 50|
|One time setup fee for Supplementary cards with separate annual limit and all other fees excluding annual fees||Free for HSBC Black and HSBC Premier MasterCard, AED 100 per supplementary card for HSBC Advance MasterCard, Visa Platinum and Visa Platinum select, AED 75 for Visa Gold and Classic, MasterCard gold and Classic credit cards|
|Interest rate on retail transactions||2.25% per month for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, 2.99% per month for all other cards|
|Interest rate on cash advance transactions||2.25% per month for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, 3% per month for all other cards|
|Fee for cash advance||The higher of 3% of the withdrawn amount or AED 100 for all cards|
|Fee for card replacement||The replacement card is free of charge for all credit cards|
|Fees for Late Payment||AED 200 per instance of late payment|
|Fees for Over Limit||Free for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, AED 175 for all other cards|
|Fee for copy of sales voucher||Free for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, AED 25 for all other cards|
|Fee for returned cheque||AED 100 for all cards|
|Charges for disputing a transaction which subsequently turns out to be genuine||Free for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, AED 100 for all other cards|
|Charge per transaction for accessing the HSBC Current/Savings Account through VISA/Plus, Master/Cirrus or UAE Switch ATMs found locally and outside UAE||The charge for all cards is AED 20 per transaction|
|Charge per transaction for accessing HSBC Current/Savings Account through HSBC ATMs both in UAE and outside||Free for HSBC Black and Premier MasterCard, for all other cards it is free if ATM is in UAE and AED 10 per transaction if ATM is outside UAE|
|Foreign Currency Transactions||2.75% for HSBC Black, Premier MasterCard and Advance MasterCard, 2.80% for Visa Platinum, Visa Platinum Select, Visa Gold/Classic, MasterCard Gold/Classic|
|Fee for Credit Shield Plus||Not Applicable for HSBC Black, 0.6% of the outstanding balance for all other cards|
|Fees for Paper Statement||Free for HSBC Black, Premier MasterCard and Advance MasterCard, AED 10 per statement for all other cards|
|Charge for Urgent Card Delivery Service||AED 100 for all cards|
|Minimum Payment due||5% of outstanding balance or AED 100 whichever is higher|
|Processing fee of Balance Transfer Plan||1.99% of the balance transfer amount with a minimum charge of AED 200|
|Interest rate for Balance Transfer plan||0% for 6 months, outstanding balance at end of this term attracts normal cash withdrawal interest rate|
Other Products offered by HSBC UAE
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- Term Deposit
- HSBC Home Loan
- HSBC Personal Loan
- HSBC Car Loan
- Unsecured Overdrafts
- Secured Overdrafts
- Investment Solutions
- Money Transfer
HSBC UAE also offers several insurance products as listed below:
Savings Plus, Futura, International Term Assurance, International Wealth Account, Simple Life Easy protection, Motor, Home and Travel insurance.
HSBC Credit Cards- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any annual fee i have to pay for HSBC credit cards in the UAE? You have to pay an annual fee of 2000 AED for HSBC Black credit card only. The rest of the credit cards offered by HSBC in the UAE do not charge any annual fees.
- What is the monthly interest rate charged for different credit cards offered by HSBC? HSBC credit cards in the UAE are offered at 2.25% interest rate on a monthly basis. All cards charge the same interest rate.
- What is the eligibility in terms of income to receive the HSBC credit cards in the UAE? For black, premier and advance credit cards, customers have to be premier and advance account holders. For platinum and platinum select, customers need to have a minimum monthly salary of AED 15,000 and AED 5000 respectively.
- Is the Air Miles rewards programme offered on all credit cards offered by HSBC in the UAE? Yes. The Air Miles rewards programme is offered on all credit cards offered by HSBC in the UAE.
News about HSBC Credit Card
UAE bonus air miles offered before the holiday season
Pre-holiday bonus air miles are being offered by ADIB, Emirates and HSBC. When you sign up with ADIB’s Etihad Guest Gold Card before 15th December you will earn 35,000 miles. The cardholder can earn a companion ticket if he spends DH150,000 in the first one year. Cardholder can get access to over 500 Priority Pass Lounges. On every 4 dirham spent on the card, cardholder earns 1.65 miles.
When you sign up with Emirates Islamic Skywards Visa Infinite Plus, you receive 20,000 complimentary miles. If cardholder spends over Dh100,000 every month, the cardholder earns 32,000 miles. Cardholder get s free access to 600 airport lounges around the world.
When you sign up with HSBC Black credit card, the cardholder receives 250,000 air miles which can be redeemed through Air Miles Loyalty programme. Cardholder get s free access to 500 airport lounges and dining and golf privileges.
07th December 2015
HSBC credit card holders can get up to 40% off
HSBC has announced some discounts on leisure activities booked using their credit cards. The discounts include 40% off on activities like desert safaris or a dinner cruise on a dhow in Dubai from North Tours. The discount also extends to an offer of 15% off on balloon rides booked with Balloon Adventures Emirates. There are offers of buy one get one free also available when the card is used to book movie tickets at VOX Cinemas. These discounts, however, are subject to a limited period so it cardholders are advised to check the last dates before making any bookings.
06th November 2015