Introduction to HSBC Car Insurance in UAE
HSBC offers car insurance in UAE for customers. The policy aims to protect the insured against damages and get them back on the road in the shortest possible time frame, and with little disruption to daily life of the insured. The plan is brought out by Zurich Motor Insurance and offered by HSBC. This policy is available in three distinct varieties – Essential, Extra and Elite.
Features and Benefits of HSBC Car Insurance UAE
- Agency repairs available for Extra and Elite plans.
- Loss of personal belongings cover from AED 2,000 to AED 6,000 according to chosen package.
- Property damage cover up to AED 3.5 million for Essential and Extra packages, and AED 5 million for Elite package.
- Motor trade and valet parking for Extra and Elite plans.
- Free car registration service in Extra and Elite plans.
- Emergency medical expenses up to AED 3,500 for Extra package and AED 6,000 for Elite package.
- Competitive premium pricing.
- Off-road cover provided.
- New car replacement.
- Free 24 hour roadside assistance with Extra and Elite plans.
Eligibility Criteria for HSBC Car Insurance UAE
UAE residents who are existing customers of HSBC can opt for the car insurance policy. Other requirements include:
- Vehicle must have UAE registration.
- Applicant must have a valid driving license.
- Applicant should not have been barred from driving, refused insurance before, has criminal convictions, or has been imposed special terms in the past 5 years.
Why choose HSBC Car Insurance?
This policy is presented by Zurich Motor Insurance, one of the leading general insurance providers in the world. The policy is also backed by HSBC, among the largest financial conglomerations in the world. You are provided with flexibility to choose package among the three available options according to your specific requirements. The policy is packed with features and offers a host of additional or optional benefits for the best experience and highest protection to customers.
Other products offered by HSBC in UAE are:
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
How is the premium on my car insurance policy calculated?
Who will repair my car in case of damages covered under the policy?
Are off-road claims entertained with this policy?
How do I make a claim?
The premium is calculated by Zurich taking into consideration various factors such as driver’s age, years of driving experience, location, claims history, vehicle type and value.
If you have opted for Agency Repairs, the vehicle will be repaired at authorized dealership of the brand. Else, Zurich will select and forward an authorized repairer from its own side.
Yes, private driven off-road damages are automatically covered under HSBC/Zurich motor insurance, provided the car is a 4-wheel drive and was not involved in competitive or race events when the accident occurred.
In case of damages, call the insurance provider who will then arrange for hire car and garage as per policy wordings. To make a claim, you need to provide the following documents:
- Registration card
- Driving license
- Police accident report in original.