Health insurance is very important with the kind of hectic lifestyle people lead in today’s time. No one can know when bad luck might strike and hence, it is very important to stay protected. Health insurance offers cover against medical expenses that one might incur in the term of the policy. Almost all the banks in UAE provide health insurance at a minimal price and value added benefits. But the applicant needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria set out by the banks in order to apply for the health insurance policy. The customer can’t apply for the policy if they fail to fulfil the criteria.
Every bank has an eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled in order to be able to apply for the health insurance. Listed below is the common eligibility criteria for availing health insurance in UAE.
- Age: The candidate needs to be of a certain age to be eligible for the insurance policy. Some banks don’t offer the policy for children or individuals over the age of 70 years.
- Residency: The applicant should be an UAE national or an expat residing in UAE
- Medical History: Most of the banks demand for the applicant’s medical history in order to get familiar with the pre-existing ailments and overall health of the applicant before taking the process further.
- Employment: The applicant should be salaried or self-employed. Salaried individuals might be given more preference if they are not job hoppers.
- Income: The applicant needs to earn a minimum amount of income.