FGB Fixed Deposit
Enjoy higher returns and interest rates compared to your regular savings account with First Gulf Bank’s fixed deposit schemes. Customers can maximise their returns from their investments with their FGB Fixed Deposit Account along with excellent benefits and unlimited choices. The unique advantage that a FGB customer gets is the choice of his fixed deposit period - from one week up to one year. On maturity, customers can roll over their current fixed deposits for the same period of time with the prevailing interest rates. Fixed deposit accounts open with a certain currency can be converted to any other preferred currency. Customers can either renew the principal on their fixed deposit or get the interest encashed or credited to their bank accounts on completion of the current deposit period.
Open a FGB fixed deposit account with a minimum credit limit of AED 5000 or USD 3000 by visiting your nearest FGB bank.
FGB Fixed Deposit: Eligibility Criteria
- Individuals should be 18 years or above
- Applicants should already hold a FGB bank account to open a fixed deposit account
- Expatriates are also eligible to open a FGB fixed deposit account
- Minors can open a fixed deposit account along with their parents or legal guardians
FGB Fixed Deposit: Early Deposit breaking fees
- For deposits broken within 7 days of creating the deposit account, a penalty of AED 100 is levied. No interest is charged here
- For deposits broken after 7 days of creating the deposit account, interest will be calculated at 1% less than the normal rate applicable for the period the deposit has remained open. A penalty of AED 100 is also levied
About First Gulf Bank:
First Gulf Bank (FGB) headquartered at Abu Dhabi, is one of UAE’s largest equity based banks. Established in 1979, the bank offers a vast range of consumer and business based banking services across the seven Emirates. Internationally, FGB has branches in Singapore and Qatar, representative offices in India and Hong Kong and a subsidiary in Libya. The corporate and wholesale banking product segments of the bank include debt, transactional banking, Islamic products, asset management and research. Specific to its retail customers FGB provides consumer centric solutions and advanced technology for easy access to banking. The First Gulf Bank was awarded the 'Best Bank in the United Arab Emirates' and 'Best Bancassurance' titles at the Banker Middle East Industry Awards in 2013. FGB also ranked as the 3rd most powerful company in the UAE and the 6th leading bank in Forbes' 'Top 500 in the Arab World' list.
First Gulf Bank in UAE offers the following financial products: