The credit cards offered by Emirates Islamic bank come packed with features and benefits that make the cards serve customers with more than just credit when they need it. What’s more, having been established on the basis of Islamic banking, the credit cards offered by the bank also provide cardholders with the benefits of Islamic banking.
Credit Cards Offered by Emirates Islamic Bank
The bank offers various credit cards to its customers meant to ensure that the individual needs of customers are catered for.
- Easy Card This is a card that offers cardholders a bonus of AED 200 and is free for life. This means you never have to pay an annual fee for this card. It also offers cardholders a choice when it comes to reward programs. Each Dirham that you spend on this card earns you an equivalent reward point.
- Union Coop Tamayaz Card This card is for the avid shopper and comes with the Tamayaz rewards program offered by Union Coop. It offers up to 3.67% of what you spent, as reward points. It also comes with discounts offered on dining and travel.
- Cash Back Card This is a card that return a certain amount of each purchase back to the cardholder as cash. The best returns are earned if you use it for the telecom services Du and Etisalat, where you get 10% cash back.
- Skywards Credit Cards The Skywards credit card is one which is completely compliant with the Shari'a laws of Islamic banking. It comes in two variants, gold and platinum cards, that offer the chance to earn up to 10,000 skywards miles every month.
- Skywards Infinite Credit Card The Skywards Infinite credit card also comes with the chance to earn up to 32,000 Skywards miles every month. It also offers attractive discounts and offers related to travel, shopping and dining.
- Rewards Credit Card As the name suggests, the Rewards credit card allows you to earn up to 2 reward points for every Dirham you spend on it. It is a platinum card that offers redemption of points for the annual fee and when you go shopping.
- RTA Credit Card The RTA card is issued in association with the Roads and Transport Authority which means that this card works as a credit card and doubles as an NOL or Salik Auto card. The reward points you earn are 5 times the norm if the card is used for NOL or Salik Auto top ups.
- Abu Dhabi Rewards Credit Card This is a Shari'a compliant credit card that offers facilities like reward points and free access to airport lounges across 100 countries. It also offers exclusive discounts and offers that can be availed at retail stores and restaurants.
- eShopper Card The eShopper card is one that comes with almost all the credit cards that you can take from the bank. It is meant only for purchases made online and is issued free of charge. All the expenses paid for by this card also earn cardholders rewards points on their primary cards.
About Emirates Islamic Bank
Emirates Islamic is a bank that is a subsidiary of the Emirates NBD Group. It is a bank that offers customers banking facilities that are modelled based on the dictates of Islamic Banking. Most of their products are compliant with the Sharia laws and they also offer products based on the Murbaha, Ijara, Istisna, Tawreed, Mudaraba, Musharaka, Wakala and Khafala concepts in Islamic banking. The bank's services extend from personal banking, which provides people with credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts, etc. to corporate banking where they provide banking solutions for entire companies.
Why choose Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Card?
There are a lot of reasons why you can choose to apply for a credit card from Emirates Islamic but the main ones are that some of these cards offer compliance with the Shari’a laws which means that they are aligned to the principles of Islamic banks and are free from interest. Each card also offers its own rewards program that can be used to gain advantages when you go shopping. These cards also offer exclusive discounts and offers on retail purchases, travel packages and dining out which means that your cards offer you more than a simple means to pay for things.
Emirates ISLAMIC Bank Credit Card Offers
The promotions run by Emirates Islamic, on their credit cards, offer a lot of attractive features to cardholders. Some of these are:
- If you go in for an Easy card then you get AED 200 as a joining bonus.
- The Easy cards also offer annual bonuses of AED 200.
- Some of the cards are free for life which means you never have to pay any annual fee for them.
- The bank also offers the eShopper card free with every credit card. This is a card that is meant only for online shopping and comes with amazing security features, meant to make online shopping safer and more convenient.
It must, however, be remembered that all these offers are provided at the bank's discretion and can be withdrawn at any moment.
|Check For Latest Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Cards Offers|
Features & Benefits of Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Card
There are a lot of features and benefits that make Emirates Islamic credit cards so attractive. Some of these features are:
- Some of the cards being offered are compliant with the Sharia laws.
- The annual fee is waived off for some of the cards like the Easy card.
- Being Sharia compliant, some of these credit cards are free of interest.
- All the cards offer various rewards programs where the amounts you spend earn you points that can be redeemed for products and services at a later date.
- The Skywards cards allow you to earn rewards in the form of miles that can be used when you book airline tickets.
- The bank also offers the eShopper card for free with all the credit cards.
- The cards are secured by a password that is needed for online transactions. This ensures that fraudulent use of the card is minimised.
- Big purchases made using these cards can be paid back, through the instalment plan, over a period of 3 months to 12 months at 0% interest.
- Some of the cards, like the RTA cards, double as NOL cards along with providing the benefits of a credit card.
- The ban offers credit shields where you pay a certain percentage of the outstanding balance on your card to ensure that your balance does not become a burden on anyone if you are unable to pay it back.
- You can even withdraw a certain percentage of your credit limit as cash in case of emergencies.
- Some of the cards offer purchase protection where your purchases are protected against loss or damages for 90 days. They also may offer cover of up to US$ 20,000 depending on the card you take.
- The cards also allow you to transfer the balance from other loans or cards onto the Emirates Islamic card.
Fees and Charges of Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Cards
The below table shows the fees and charges of the various Emirates Islamic credit cards
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 200 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 5000 to AED 8000|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 325 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 8000 to AED 16000|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 400 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 16,000 to AED 25,000|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 600 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 25,000 to AED 37,500|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 950 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 37,500 to AED 62,500|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 1800 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 62,500 to AED 100,000|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 2700 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 100,000 to AED 150,000|
|Monthly Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Credit Cards||The fee is AED 4500 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 150,000 to AED 250,000|
|Annual Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Gold Cards||The fee is AED 400|
|Annual Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Platinum Cards||The fee is AED 700|
|Annual Fee for Skywards Emirates Islamic Infinite Cards||The fee is AED 950|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee for both cards is AED 150 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 5000 to AED 8000|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee is for both cards AED 230 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 8000 to AED 13000|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee is AED 305 for Emirates Islamic RTA cards and AED 325 for Emirates Islamic Rewards credit cards that have credit limit ranging from AED 13,000 to AED 16,000|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee for both cards is AED 390 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 16,000 to AED 25,000|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee for both cards is AED 590 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 25,000 to AED 37,500|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee for both cards is AED 950 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 37,500 to AED 62,500|
|Monthly Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Cards and Emirates Islamic Rewards Credit cards||The fee for both cards is AED 1400 for cards with credit limit ranging from AED 62,500 to AED 100,000|
|Annual Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Gold Card||The fee is AED 125|
|Annual Fee for Emirates Islamic RTA Platinum Card||The fee is AED 175|
|Annual fee for Emirates Islamic Rewards Classic, Gold, Platinum and Infinite credit card||The fee is AED 200|
|Profit rate of Emirates Islamic Cashback credit cards||2.99% which will be revised to 3.25% starting from 1st June 2016|
|Annual fee of Emirates Islamic Cashback credit cards||The fee is AED 350 and is waived if minimum annual spend of the card is above AED 5000|
|Profit rate of Emirates Islamic Easy Credit Cards||3.25%|
|Annual fee of Emirates Islamic Easy Credit Cards||No annual fees|
|Profit rate of Emirates Islamic Union Coop Tamayaz Credit Cards||2.99% which will be revised to 3.25% starting from 1st June 2016|
|Annual fee of Emirates Islamic Union Coop Tamayaz Credit Cards||The fee is AED 200 and is waived if minimum annual spend of the card is above AED 5000|
|Charge for email statement||Free of Charge|
|Charge for Paper Statement once a month||Free but revised to AED 10 starting from 1st June 2016. Remains free for priority customers|
|Duplicate copy of statement||AED 25|
|Copy of Statement over 3 months old||AED 100|
|Minimum amount due monthly||5% of the outstanding balance|
|Maximum Cash Advance||AED 3000|
|Cash advance charges||AED 90|
|Retrieval of transaction slip||AED 50|
|Fee for Supplementary card||AED 100|
|Fee for replacement card||Free|
|Fee for late payment||AED 180|
|Fee for Over Limit||AED 100|
|Return of Cheque or Direct debit||AED 100|
|Balance Liability Certificate||AED 100|
|Credit Shield if opted||0.75% of outstanding amount but revised to 0.89% starting from 1st June 2016.|
|Charges for Forex||2.99% of the transaction amount|
|Top Up fee for prepaid cards||AED 25 for first top up and free for subsequent top ups|
|Prepaid card replacement fee||AED 25|
|Balance transfer fee from one prepaid card to another||Free|
|Monthly inactivity fee for prepaid cards||AED 5 per month|
|Cash withdrawal fee for prepaid cards||Free when withdrawn from EIB ATMs in UAE and AED 2 when withdrawn from other ATMs in UAE|
|Forex fee for prepaid cards||2% of the transaction amount|
|Balance unload fee of prepaid card||AED 15|
|Maximum daily cash withdrawal limit of prepaid card||AED 5000|
|Maximum daily transaction limit of prepaid card||AED 40,000|
|Maximum balance on prepaid card||AED 40,000|
Other Products offered by Emirates Islamic Bank
Credit cards are not the only products offered by the bank. It also offers:
- Current account
- Savings account
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Emirates Islamic Bank Personal Loan
- Emirates Islamic Bank Home Loan
- Emirates Islamic Bank Car Loan
- Commercial Property finance
- Financing Against Shares
- GOLD CERTIFICATES
- Day to day banking for businesses
- Saving and investments for businesses
- Corporate cash management services
- Treasury services
- Structured Solutions
Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of credit limits can I expect? The credit limits are assigned at the bank's discretion but they can range from AED 5,000 to AED 250,000.
- What is the interest rate on these cards for retail purchases? Most of the cards are Sharia compliant hence no interest is charged. For other cards the interest /can be about 2.99% per month.
- What is the annual fee that I have to pay? The annual fee may differ for each card according to the type of card and the credit limit assigned. For example the Skywards Infinite card can have an annual fee of AED 200 for credit limits between AED 5,000 and AED 8,000 and a fee of AED 4,500 for limits ranging from AED 150,000 to AED 250,000.
- If I use the eShopper card, will I earn any Skywards miles? Yes. Since the eShopper card is linked to a primary card, all shopping done using this card also earns you points with the reward program specific to your card.
- How does the reward program work? Every time you spend using the credit card, you will earn points that you can redeem at a later stage for products and services. In the case of Skywards cards, you earn in miles that can be used when you book flight tickets.
- Can I use the card for international transactions? Yes, these cards can be used to conduct international transactions however, such transactions may attract a fee of 2.99% of the transaction amount.
- What is the minimum amount that I can pay every month for the card? You must pay a minimum of 5% of the outstanding balance along with any fee that may be applicable.
News About Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Card
Cashback Plus Visa Signature credit card launched by Emirates Islamic
Cashback Plus Visa Signature credit card is a rewards card and the customers will get up to 10% cashback on domestic and international household spends. The card will be equipped with built-in RTA NOL Chip. This chip will make payments on the RTA transport network easy. The card lets you access public transport networks and earn rewards on everyday spends. You get cash advance facility, cash-on-call, and easy payment plan facility for your purchases. You also get unlimited access to over 750 airport lounges worldwide. You get up to 30% discount with the Mazaya offers programme.
17th January 2017
Emirates Islamic reports a profit of Dh137 million in the first half
Emirates Islamic reported a net profit of Dh137 million for the first half of 2016. The bank reported a net profit of Dh92 million for 2nd quarter. Total income grew by 11% from the previous year for the same period. Total assets were up by 8% from 2015 end. Financing and investing receivable were up by 14.5% from the previous year. The credit quality of the bank improved as the impaired financing ratio strengthened to 8.5% from 8.8% last year and coverage ratio advanced to 90.7% from 89.5% last year.
19th July 2016
Emirates Islamic Bank Completes Collateralized Murabaha deal with Natixis
Emirates Islamic Bank, the leading financial institution in the UAE, recently announced its completion of a US$50 million Collateralized Murabaha deal on the Nasdaq Dubai Murabaha Platform with Natixis. The deal done with Natixis is the first of its kind and the largest collateralized Murabaha transaction done by the Emirates Islamic Bank this year. So far, Emirates Islamic Bank has partnered with renowned international banks and provided a wide range of financing solutions successfully.
The successful completion of the deal with Natixis proves that Dubai heads the global Islamic economy in the UAE. The completion of the deal also sets a new landmark for Emirates Islamic as well as other financial institutions. Going forward, Emirates Islamic Bank would continue to discover business opportunities and exhibit industry leadership by incorporating advanced technology, commercial insight and ethics reinforced by the Sharia.
17th May 2016
Emirates Islamic Bank to offer banking services on Social Media.
Emirates Islamic Bank recently launched Social Banking in Dubai. Going forward, the bank will offer banking services on social media through channels like Twitter. The service will enable customers to access certain services like balance inquiry, statement viewing, resolve queries about their current account and Credit Cards via Twitter. A simple tweet would help them get all their answers online. The bank will respond to such tweets privately so as to maintain privacy and confidentially.
Emirates Islamic Bank is the first bank in the UAE to offer banking services on the social media platform. This new service was launched with the purpose of bringing innovation in Islamic Banking.
26th April 2016
Emirates Islamic Bank reports a net profit up to 76%
Emirates Islamic bank, one of the leading Islamic banks in UAE recently reported a net profit of up to 76% to Dh 641 million. The bank’s total income increased by 25% to Dh2.43 billion in 2015 as compared to Dh1.95 billion in 2014.With such strong results, the bank is expanding its Islamic banking services in UAE. The bank’s financing and investing receivables increased by 31% to Dh34 billion.
04th February 2016
Emirates Islamic Bank comes up with air miles offer on its credit card
Emirates Islamic Bank has come up with skyward miles offer just before the holiday season. The bank is offering 20,000 complimentary skyward miles to those who sign up for Emirates Islamic Skywards Visa Infinite Plus Credit Card. An individual can earn 32,000 more miles if they spend Dh 100,000. The card also provides access to over 600 airport lounges around the world.
08th November 2015
Go Green is the new mantra in Dubai, as they launch portal for green products
From the newly launched online platform, you can now buy products that are energy-efficient like solar system or you can also buy water savers and they banks will now provide you with bank financing for these products. The Dubai Economic Department and Dubai Green Economy Partnership (Dubai DEP) will launch the Green Deal Dubai (www.greendeal.ae) which will be a online platform of an e-commerce nature to provide customer with eco-friendly products like solar panel kits, solar water heaters, water savers and more. The customer will be offered 2 different financing schemes which will be available by using the Emirates Islamic Bank’s credit card and personal financing at low interest rates. There are currently 4 products available on the online site, Air Conditioning Radiant System, rooftop solar panel kits, Cleanbot, Aircosaver, and water efficiency pack.
02nd November 2015
Emirates Islamic Bank launches new index for Islamic banking
Emirates Islamic Bank has launched a new index that has been designed to understand the market position of Islamic banking and how people perceive it. This first time endeavour works off 4 key points, penetration, perception, knowledge, and intention with the aim being to understand the customer's needs from Islamic banking and finding ways to improve its popularity. To this end the bank conducted a survey of 900 people across the UAE and the results were interest. 50% of the people knew about Islamic banking either because they had used it or heard about it. The survey also indicated that people trusted it more than conventional banking and felt that it gave to community more. Many of the respondents said that they either had or were going to get an Islamic banking product while 54% said that they are open to both options, Islamic and conventional banking.
08th October 2015
Emirates Islamic Bank organised an event for building customer relations
The Emirates Islamic held an event to build better customer relations with their key corporate banking customers. This event was attended by the who’s who of the banking world along with large corporation representatives and mid-sized corporation representative and government organizations. This was a half day event, held at the Dubai Hotel. It had speakers like Jean-Paul Pigat, Senior Economist at Emirates NBD, CFO at Juma Al Majid Group, Member of Executive Committee of the ICC Banking Commission, along with Emirates Islamic corporate banking officials
29th September 2015
Special Promotions from Emirates Islamic Bank
The subsequent holiday period after Ramadan has been targeted by Emirates Islamic for launching several promotional offers that aim to provide benefits to its customers. One of the leading financial institutions in the UAE, Emirates Islamic is planning to offers Umrah packages, special rates on auto finance, easier payment on travel related expenditures and even a chance to win a Nissan Patrol based on spends from the Emirates Islamic Union Cooperative Tamayaz Card.
The Umrah packages (10 in total) include return air tickets for two persons, five star hotel accommodation and visa, and are available to new and existing savings account customers with an average incremental balance of at least AED 5000 between June and August 2015. To sweeten the deal, customers opening another savings account, availing credit cards or financial loans by getting a salary transfer also get another complimentary entry into the draw.
Customers looking to avail a car loan can benefit from profit rates as low as 1.99% this season. In order to enable faster processing of car loans and earlier delivery, Emirates Islamic has even set up dedicated kiosks at major car dealerships across the UAE.
Credit card expenditures’ rewards do not stop just there. Customers using the Emirates Islamic Union Cooperative Tamayaz Card for purchases also have an option to win a Nissan Patrol 4x4 vehicle. Every AED 100 spent on the cards allows for an additional entry into the draw.
28th July 2015