The Dubai Islamic Bank offers a wide range of Sharia compliant cards such as Charge Cards, Debit Cards and Credit Cards. Customers can withdraw cash across the world through their Al Islami Cards. The Dubai Islamic Bank cards have an inbuilt chip and PIN technology to protect customers from fraudulent transactions. Since credit cards offered by DIB adhere to Sharia principles, there is no ‘Riba’ on the loaned amount. Also, there are no additional payments such as over limit fees and so forth. What’s more, customers can earn reward points as Wala’a Dirhams.
Credit Cards Offered by Dubai Islamic Bank
- DIB Al Islami Classic Credit Cards: Customers can avail of Wala’a Dirhams (loyalty program) wherein they can earn 0.5% of their expenditure on retail purchases. What’s more they can also redeem Wala’a Dirhams for making utility payments such as DEWA, FEWA, SEWA and ETISALAT among many others.
- DIB Al Islami Internet Cards: Can be used only for making purchases online. Card details are printed and not embossed to ensure that it is not used for regular transactions.
- DIB Al Islami Business Credit Cards: Dubai Islamic Bank offers four types of business cards, namely, Business Gold Credit Card, Business Gold Premium Credit Card, Business Platinum Credit Card and Business Platinum Plus Credit Card. Some of the common features of the card include consolidated statements, purchase protection and travel Insurance among others.
- DIB Johara Credit Cards: Dubai Islamic Bank offers four types of Johara cards, namely, Johara Classic Credit Card, Johara Gold Credit Card, Johara Gold Premium Credit Card and Johara Platinum Credit Card. Some of the important features of the cards include road-side assistance, personal accident and travel insurance among others.
- DIB Al Islami Gold Credit Card: Customers can avail of credit shield takaful, under which they are adequately covered in the event of death, total disability or loss of employment.
- DIB Al Islami Gold Premium Credit Card: Offers free comprehensive travel insurance which covers medical expenses including dental care, baggage loss, personal accident, loss of cash and valuables among others.
- DIB Al Islami Platinum Credit Card: Offers several attractive features such as all purchases made by customers across the world are covered for 60 days.
- DIB Al Islami Platinum Plus Credit Card: Customers are offered road-side assistance service without any additional charges. Customers are assured of 24/7 assistance during emergencies across the UAE.
- DIB Al Islami Infinite Card: Customers can avail of the priority pass guarantee which ensures free access to plush airport lounges worldwide.
About Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB)
Incorporated in Dubai in 1975, the Dubai Islamic bank is a public joint stock company. The largest Islamic bank in Dubai, the Dubai Islamic Bank was the first bank in the Middle East to make Islamic principles, a part of its banking practices. The Dubai Islamic Bank, which currently has 62 branches has several local and international partnerships. The Dubai Islamic Bank has an auxiliary presence in Pakistan known as DIB Pakistan Limited. It also has the primary banking licence to operate as an Islamic financial institution in Jordan. The Dubai Islamic Bank has got an operations office in Turkey as well. The Dubai Islamic Bank aims to register further growth and expansion through innovation and delivering high-quality banking services by ensuring transparency in its functioning and mode of operations.
Why choose Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Card?
Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards offer a world of attractive and customer-friendly features and benefits ranging from comprehensive travel insurance and prompt road assistance services to purchase protection and credit shield Takaful among many others. The sheer range of cards give customers much more choice and opportunities to derive maximum benefits from holding the card. The cards give manifold benefits such as entry to over 600 airport lounges in around 100 countries, access to the best golf courses and spas. The credit cards also offer extended warranty, purchase protection guarantee, emergency merchant authorization, medical and legal referral services and emergency card replacement services among many others.
Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Card Offers
Customers can avail of over 100 attractive discounts and offers on dining, entertainment avenues and lifestyle destinations by using the credit cards offered by the Dubai Islamic Bank. Some of the offers are listed below:
- Ramadan Spend and Win: Customers can make purchases and win AED 5000.
- Exclusive Atlantis Family Fun Package: For VISA cardholders.
- Flights on Cleartrip: Customers can receive up to a 10% discount (AED 500) on flights
- Bagels: 10% discount on the bill.
- Customers can get 15% discount on food and beverage at elite clubs and high-end restaurants.
- Discounts on diamond jewellery and gift vouchers.
- Customers can also avail of up to 50% discount on dental services and surgeries.
- Cardholders can get 50% discount on Thai cooking classes and Friday Family Brunch.
- Complimentary room upgrade and buffet breakfast
- Complimentary wireless internet connection.
|Check For Latest DIB Credit Cards Offers|
Features & Benefits of Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Card
- Customers can earn reward points as Wala’a Dirhams and can redeem them for cash payments. Cardholder can get 0.5% of the expenditure on retail purchases.
- Extensive travel benefits such as custom made services of Al Islami travel desk free of charge.
- Road assistance scheme wherein the cardholder is entitled to receive assistance during emergencies across the UAE.
- Additional free privileges such as 50% discount on international driving license, fuel assistance, replacement car in 24 hours during accidents, flat tyre fix and car servicing among others.
- Adequate safety against theft and damage. Purchases get insurance coverage for 60 days.
- Comprehensive accident and travel insurance coverage.
- Secure online shopping experience (internet credit cards). Cardholders can buy tickets, clothes and any other item online without hassles.
- Free global concierge services, discounts on tickets and visa services in addition to Emergency Merchant Authorization Service.
- Takaful or coverage to the cardholder in the event of disability, death or unemployment. A minimum charge of 0.39% is levied on the outstanding amount.
Other Products offered by Dubai Islamic Bank
The Dubai Islamic Bank offers a wide range of products and services from providing finance to huge infrastructure products and real estate development to trading services and cash management services.
- Debit Cards: Al Islami Debit Cards are issued free to account holders. Customers can choose either the Classic or the Platinum Debit Card.
- Prime Cards: Offer several benefits such as Wala’a Dirhams, balance transfer, personal accident and travel insurance, purchase protection and credit shield Takaful.
- Charge Cards: Accepted worldwide and has 100% cash withdrawal limit.
- DIB Personal Loan
- DIB Home Loan
- DIB Car Loan
- Treasury products
- Investment banking services
- Cash management services
- Merchant banking
- Corporate banking
- Project finance
- Trade services
Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the credit cards offered by the Dubai Islamic Bank in compliance with Sharia laws?
The Dubai Islamic Bank has a Sharia Board which ensures that all products and services offered by the bank comply with Islamic principles, failing which, it can issue fatwas.
- Do customers earn on all transactions under the Wala'a Dirhams programme? Is there any deadline for redeeming Wala’a Dirhams?
Wala’a Dirhams can be earned on retail transactions only. Wala'a Dirhams will expire in three years if not redeemed.
- What are some of the travel benefits associated with credit cards?
Some of the benefits include free chauffeur services, entry to Marhaba lounge at Dubai International Airport, free Marhaba meet and greet services and no service fee on air ticket purchases.
- What are some fees and charges associated with credit cards?
AED 250 - Annual fee of primary card
AED 175-Late payment penalty
AED 90 - Cash withdrawal per transaction
80% of credit limit- Cash advance limit
News About Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Card
New co-branded credit card to be launched by Dubai Islamic Bank
Dubai Islamic Bank announced the launch of a new co-branded credit card in partnership with flydubai. The customer can earn OPEN reward points on the international and domestic retail purchases. They can also earn additional reward points when they spend with flydubai. The customer also gets discounts across select retailers in the UAE, travel privileges, lounge access, etc. This card has been launched to meet the growing needs of Dubai Islamic Bank’s customers who seek financial product for convenience, accessibility, and to complement their busy lifestyle. Since the air travel in the Emirates has grown more than 13% in the last few years, Dubai Islamic Bank flydubai credit cardholders will be uniquely placed to exploit the benefits and spend wisely while enhancing their travel experience.
23rd November 2016
Consumer Credit Card launched in the UAE
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) and the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai recently declared the official inauguration of it first consumer credit card in the UAE. It is a co-branded credit card particularly designed to help consumers protect their rights and save on their everyday purchases. One of the major purposes behind the launch of this card is to provide superior shopping experience across the UAE. It is expected that the launch would boost the partnership between Dubai Islamic Bank, the largest private bank in the UAE and the Department of Economic Development. This is a Sharia compliant credit card that is issued in partnership with Visa. The card carries no hidden fees and charges. There are two variants of the card is available in the market - Rewards Consumer Card and Platinum Consumer Card. Both the cards come with a lot of attractive features and benefits. Consumers can enjoy a wide range of discounts at over 450 outlets across the UAE. The card offers 4% cashback benefits in a number of supermarkets and hypermarkets. The cardholders are entitled to get cashback up to AED 1,000 in a single month on their spending made through the country.
07th June 2016
DIB introduces Sharia Departments Forum 2016
Dubai Islamic Bank recently launched its 1st UAE Sharia Departments Forum, 2016. The Forum was set in collaboration with other local Islamic banks. The purpose behind the launch of this Forum is to create a common platform wherein all Sharia departments of various financial institutions spread across the UAE can meet and discuss their issues and find solutions to financial issues they face. The first event of UAE Sharia Departments Forum was held on 30th April, 2016 at the Palace Hotel in Dubai. It was headed by the Sharia Department of Dubai Islamic Bank. The Sharia Departments of Emirates Islamic Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank and Al Hilal Bank also participated in the same. The theme chosen for the first event was “Sharia Audit”.
04th May 2016
Dubai Islamic Bank witnesses rise in its net profit in Q1
The net profit of Dubai Islamic Bank increased to 7.2% in the first quarter of 2016. Dubai Islamic Bank, which is one of leading Sharia Compliant Banks in the UAE, has received this profit backed by its higher revenue compared to the previous year. In the first 3 months of the financial year 2016, the bank has received an attributable profit of 875.3 million dirhams, whereas in 2016, the bank could receive a profit of 816.7 million dirhams.
02nd May 2016
Dubai Islamic Bank lists Dh 1.836 billion of Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai
Dubai Islamic Bank recently announced that it has listed about $500 million or Dh 1.836 billion of Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai. This brings the bank’s total listing on bourse to $3.25 billion. The bank stated that Nasdaq Dubai provides them a well regulated listing framework and good links to investors in the same region and also in the global market. DIB had previously listed one sukuk in 2013 and two in 2015.
21st April 2016
Four Wakala Deposit Products Variants launched by Dubai Islamic Bank
Dubai Islamic Bank which is one of the leading financial institutions in UAE as of now has launched four variants of Wakala Deposit Schemes with the aim of providing its customers a wide range of savings solutions. The deposit products come with competitive rates of interest and gives the customer a chance to maximise their savings. Wakala deposits are based on the Sharia principles of Islamic law where in the deposit is an agreement between the customer and the bank. It is only when the deposit is released along with the profits that the wakala agreement ends.
22nd March 2016
Dubai Islamic Bank and the Department of Economic Development partner with Visa to Release ‘Consumer Card’
The UAE’s largest Islamic bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, has joined forces with Dubai’s Department of Economic Development to partner with Visa and release a ‘Consumer Card’. The card is tailored to meet consumer’s daily spending requirements, allowing customers of DIB to make savings on a daily basis so as to tap into an extensive portfolio of discounts and offers.
The Consumer Card is one of the initiative taken by the Department of Economic Development in collaboration with the private sector in its efforts to reiterate Dubai’s prominence in the retail sector whilst retaining their commitment to consumers.
31st December 2015
Dubai Islamic Bank launches Android and IOS banking app
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has launched a new mobile app on the Android and IOS platforms to keep up with the ever-evolving needs of its customers.
The app has features designed to help customers manage their finances better like currency convertors, customized offers, interactive navigation to help locate branches and ATMs, etc. There are also features that help manage personal finances better like setting up savings goals (which send out notifications every time a milestone is reached, and to keep track of savings goals. The app can also be used to establish spending limits on cards and accounts in order to keep spending in check.
The bank says that they are working towards adding more functionality, services, and features to enhance and streamline digital banking and the overall customer experience.
10th December 2015
DIB ranked as one of the most preferred employers in MENA
Dubai Islamic Bank, the first and largest Islamic Bank in UAE was recently conferred a prestigious recognition, ranking 16th in LinkedIn’s list of “Most In-demand employers of 2015”. This ranking highlights DIB as one of the most preferred employers for prospective job candidates in the MENA region. No other bank has found a mention in this list, highlighting the standard of DIB on a global platform. This recognition could be attributed to DIBs presence on LinkedIn, with over 116,000 followers and continuous updates to keep job candidates hooked.
07th December 2015
Islamic Banks in the UAE Record Improvement in Third Quarter of 2015
Islamic Banks in the Middle East have suffered due to the impact of decreasing oil prices, but the challenging economic situation has made in the country increase resilience and report good results in the year’s first three quarters. Islamic banks in the UAE have performed better than their conventional and regional counterparts so far as profit growth, assets and continued progress in asset quality is concerned.
DIB (Dubai Islamic Bank), for instance, recorded a net profit of AED 2.8 billion in the first three quarters of 2015, marking a 36% increase from the AED 2 billion recorded in the same period last year. The performance of the bank was supported by impressive growth across all income streams with a continuous decrease in impairments.
09th November 2015