Dubai is the commercial and entertainment hub of the UAE, and probably the place where credit cards are used the most in everyday life in the country. If you are looking for a credit card in Dubai city, you need not look beyond BankBazaar.ae. Here you can compare credit cards, their features and benefits, and find the credit card that suits you and your lifestyle the best. You can find all the information that you need about every kind of credit card from any bank in the UAE at BankBazaar.ae
Benefits of a Credit Card in Dubai
Credit Cards are a type of short-term loan from the bank in return for an interest. Credit Cards are very useful if you do not have immediate cash but want to buy something, and they help you manage your finances and purchases. Here are some of the key benefits of having a credit card:
- Credit cards allow you to make purchases with delayed payment of the amount.
- Credit cards help you keep track of your expenses and manage your money efficiently.
- Most credit cards can be used anywhere in the world, which means that you’ll never have to worry about exchange rates or carrying cash everywhere.
- Credit cards offer instalment purchase plans, which means that you can pay for an item on an EMI basis instead of paying the full amount on the spot.
- Credit cards come with attractive offers such as cashback, redeemable rewards points, air miles, and special offers on shopping, dining, travel, entertainment and leisure activities.
- Any fraudulent activity on a credit card can be easily tracked and repaired.
Promotional Offers on Credit Cards in Dubai
Most credit cards are issued by Visa or MasterCard. Both these service providers have their own promotional offers under the following categories:
- Dining: Get discounts of up to 30% on food and beverage bills at restaurants.
- Shopping: Online as well as offline shopping is made cheaper.
- Travel: You get air miles, discounts on flight tickets and services, concierge and valet parking services, free travel insurance, and access to VIP lounges at airports.
- Hotels: Concession of up to 20% on stays at luxury as well as budget hotels that have partnered with Visa and MasterCard.
- Leisure and entertainment: Special discounts on leisure and entertainment activities such as at waterpark and aquariums, at cinemas, yachting, golfing, etc.
- Utility: Treats on utility bill payments – electricity, phone, school fees, among others – through credit cards.
Many banks also have their own tie-ups with similar businesses and give you access to more promotional offers under these categories. For example, Emirates Islamic Bank has its own Mazaya Offers Programme.
Banks that offer Credit Cards in Dubai
Several of the UAE’s banks are based in Dubai, and all others have a branch or a main office in the emirate. Most of these banks provide credit card products and services to their customers. Dubai has both Islamic and conventional banks. Some of the key Dubai banks that offer credit cards are:
- Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
- Emirates NBD
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- HSBC Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- Noor Bank
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- National Bank of Fujairah (NBF)
- Citibank Dubai
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD)
- First Gulf Bank
- National Bank of Umm Al Quwain (NBQ)
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Commercial Bank International (CBI)
Credit Cards in Dubai for Customers
There are a variety of credit cards to choose from if you are in Dubai. All the leading banks offer credit cards, and each of them comes with attractive offers and privileges. Customers can choose from Visa or MasterCard credit cards – some banks offer cards from both the service providers, while others offer only Visa or only MasterCard cards.
The basic credit cards – Visa and MasterCard Classic and Gold – provide purchase protection, emergency card replacement service, high credit limit, flexible settlement options and free supplementary cards. Visa Platinum, Titanium, Signature and Infinite credit cards as well as World MasterCard credit cards offer all the above facilities in addition to travel privileges such as VIP airport lounge access, 24x7 concierge services, valet parking, golf treats and travel insurance.
Dubai cardholders can also avail credit cards customised for various services. Here are some types of credit cards you can take advantage of:
- Online Shopping Credit Cards made exclusively for shopping online, such as CBD’s e-Tijari Web Card;
- Roads and Transport Authority’s RTA credit cards that can give you special benefits on the public transport system (for example Emirates NBD’s Go4it Gold and Platinum Credit Cards);
- Diners Club Credit Cards that make it cheaper for you dine out;
- Hospitality credit cards that are partnered with luxury hotels and resorts;
- Air mile Credit Cards that give you extra concessions and bonus miles on flight tickets and related services (such as Skywards credit cards by Emirates Islamic);
- Sports credit cards with sports-specific benefits such as Manchester United Credit Card by Emirates NBD and Ferrari Credit Cards by First Gulf Bank;
- Business Credit Cards like the Dubai Islamic Bank’s Al Islami Business Plus Platinum Card, that give you supplementary cards for employees, travel and personal accident insurance;
- Rewards Credit Cards focused on high loyalty points and the resultant discounts such as the ones offered by Noor Bank;
- Cashback Credit Cards that allow you to get a small percentage of your money back every time you shop (for example Mashreq Bank’s Etisalat Rewards Credit Card).
Getting a credit card is good for both money management and for maintaining your credit score. Dubai being a shopping city, you will get plenty of opportunity to use your credit card and take advantage of the hundreds of offers and promotions available on your card.