If you live in Abu Dhabi and want to get a credit card, you have come to the right place. BankBazaar.ae allows you to check the features of various credit cards, compare their benefits, and find the card that is most suitable for your needs. All you need to know about credit cards in Abu Dhabi can be found at BankBazaar.ae.
Benefits of a Credit Card in Abu Dhabi
Credit Cards are a kind of unsecured loan, with lower interest, more flexibility in borrowing and repayment, and easy to use. Some of the benefits of using a credit card are as mentioned below:
- You can purchase items using credit cards and pay for them later.
- With credit cards, you can purchase items on EMI instead of making the full payment.
- Most credit cards can be used in any country, so that you do not have to carry cash with you on international travel.
- With credit cards, you can track your expenses and manage your money better.
- Tracking credit card fraud and preventing it is easy.
- Credit cards offer special deals such as cashback, rewards points, airline benefits, and discounts.
Promotional Offers on Credit Cards in Abu Dhabi
Most credit cards are issued by Visa or MasterCard, both of which have limited-time promotional offers every year. Many banks also offer their own promotional offers. These deals come under the following categories:
- Dining: Up to 30% rebate on food & drink bills at restaurants.
- Hotels: Get up to 20% off on accommodation at hotels.
- Entertainment and leisure: Entertainment and leisure activities such as visits to waterpark, aquariums, cinemas, yachting, golfing, etc. can be cheaper with some credit cards.
- Travel: Discounts on flight tickets and services, air miles, concierge and valet parking services, free travel insurance and access to VIP lounges at airports.
- Utility: Deals on paying utility bill such as electricity, phone and school fees, among others.
- Shopping: Online as well as offline shopping is made cheaper.
Banks that offer Credit Cards in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is headquarter to several of the UAE’s banks, and many other banks and financial institutions have a branch or a main office in Abu Dhabi. Some of the important Abu Dhabi banks – both conventional and Islamic – offering credit cards are:
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB)
- Finance House
- First Gulf Bank(FGB)
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD)
- Union National Bank
- Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
- Emirates NBD
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- HSBC Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- National Bank of Fujairah (NBF)
- Citibank UAE
- National Bank of Umm Al Quwain (NBQ)
- Standard Chartered Bank
Credit Cards in Abu Dhabi for Customers
If you live in Abu Dhabi, you have a choice of various credit cards. All the leading banks offer credit cards to their customers. Some banks offer both Visa and MasterCard credit cards, while some offer either Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
All credit cards provide purchase protection, emergency card replacement service, high credit limit, flexible settlement options and free supplementary cards. While Visa and MasterCard Classic and Gold are the basic cards that you can obtain from a bank, the high-end cards that come with more privileges and attractive deals are: Visa Platinum, Titanium, Signature and Infinite credit cards as well as World MasterCard credit cards. These also offer travel add-ons such as VIP airport lounge access, valet parking, any-time concierge service, golf treats and travel insurance.
Abu Dhabi cardholders can also get credit cards that are customised to their needs. Some of them are:
- Diners Club Credit Cards that offer special discounts on dining out.
- RTA Credit Cards set up in collaboration with the Roads and Transport Authority, which you can use as a swiping card in using the public transport system and gives you public transport-related discounts – such as Emirates Islamic RTA Credit Card.
- Staying in resorts and luxury hotels can be cheaper with hospitality credit cards. e.g. Emirates NBD’s Starwood Preferred Guest World MasterCard.
- Air mile Credit Cards such as Mashreq Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card give you extra discounts and bonus miles on flight tickets and airline services.
- Sports-specific benefits can be had from sports credit cards such as First Gulf Bank’s Ferrari Credit Cards.
- Business Credit Cards such as the Dubai Islamic Bank’s Al Islami Business Platinum Card, give supplementary cards for your employees, travel and personal accident insurance and access to additional funds.
- Rewards Credit Cards specialise in accumulating reward points that you can later use to get discounts on products and banking services.
- Cashback Credit Cards such as ADIB Cashback Gold Card gives back to you a small percentage of your spending.
- Online Shopping Credit Cards to be used solely to shop online, such as Arab Bank’s Internet Shopping Credit Card.
Abu Dhabi being the capital of the UAE and the country’s second-most populated city, is also a banking hub. As long as you are able to pay your credit card bills on time, both your credit score and your account balance will remain unharmed. It is advisable not to own many credit cards at the same time if your income is more than your expenditure. But if you are good at repayment, you should use your credit card instead of paying by debit card or cash, and take advantage of the offers and promotions available.