The Shukran World Credit Card offered by Standard Chartered is a card that offers cardholders access to a wealth of privileges and benefits. It has, of course, the most obvious benefits of providing credit but it also comes with some other attractive features like 10% cash back, discounts at various shopping outlets and much more. This is a card that has been conceived in association with Shukran, one of the most popular rewards programs in the Middle East.
Features of the Standard Chartered Shukran World Credit Card
- Annual Fee: This card is offered free for the first year. From the second year you will pay an annual fee of AED 250.
- Supplementary cards: The first 2 supplementary cards come with no annual fee however, thereafter a fee of AED 100 may be charged for the cards.
- Interest Rates: The interest rate charged on retail purchases is 2.99% per month.
- Credit Period: The card does not offer a specific credit free period but if 100% of the payment is made within the due date then no extra charges will be applied.
- Cash Advance: This card allows you to withdraw part of your credit limit as cash.
- Cash withdrawals: The charges levied for cash withdrawals is 3% of the amount withdrawn or AED 100, whichever is higher.
- International transactions: This card can be used to complete transactions in foreign currencies for a charge of 2.15%.
- You need to either be salaried or self-employed to be able to apply for this card. You will also have to have a minimum salary of AED 25,000 to be eligible.
- The minimum payment that can be made towards this card is 1% of the outstanding balance or AED 110, whichever is higher.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Shukran World Credit Card
Apart form all the features, this card also offers some very attractive benefits to cardholders.
- Credit Shield: For a payment of 0.89% of your outstanding balance you can ensure that your balance due is taken care of if you are unable to pay it back for some reason.
- Instalment Plan: Purchases made using this card can be paid for in easy to pay instalments for which the interest rate will be 3% per month.
- Special Offers: This card offers many special offers to cardholders. Some of them are:
- You can get complementary vouchers of over AED 1,000 when you get this card.
- Owning this card will get you complementary access to lounges at various airports.
- If you book movie tickets at VOX Cinemas then you get a 50% discount.
- If you spend more than AED 60,000 in the first year, then the annual fee for the second year will be waived off.
- Items purchased using this card are also protected against theft, loss or accidental damage.
- You can also claim up to USD 2,000 for each fraudulent charge on the card, subject to an annual limit of USD 4,000.
Standard Chartered Shukran World Credit Card Rewards
This credit card offers the Shukran rewards program where you can get as much as 10% of what you spend back in points. Some of the features of this program are:
- When you shop, a certain percentage of the amount you spend will be converted into Shukran points.
- You can earn up to 10% value back at participating Shukran store.
- You can even earn about 1.25% at non participating stores too.
Between the features and the benefits that this card offers, it can be said that it is one card that is more than just a credit card.