The Classic Credit Card from the National Bank of Abu Dhabi is a card that offers cardholders a host of features and benefits that are designed to allow you to experience shopping with convenience. To be able to apply for this card you will need to have a minimum monthly salary of AED 5,000 if your salary is transferred to NBAD, and AED 6,000 if it’s not. Even the documentation required for this card is very simple. All you need is a copy of your ID card or your passport, a copy of the residency visa for expatriates, a security cheque and the application form.
Features of the NBAD Classic Credit Card
- Annual Fee: The primary card and any other supplementary cards are all free for life, which means that you don’t have to pay any annual fee for them.
- Interest Rates: Both retail expenditures and cash advances are charged at the same interest rate of 3.09% per month.
- Credit Period: If you pay your credit card bills in full then you are entitled to an interest free period of 56 days.
- Cash Advance: The card allows you to withdraw up to 40% of your credit limit as cash when you really need it.
- Cash withdrawals: If you avail the cash advance facility you will be charged a fee of 3% of the amount you withdraw or AED 100, whichever is higher.
- International transactions: The card can be used to conduct international transactions that are charged at 2.75%.
- Card replacement facilities and payments at Al Ansari are provided free of charge.
Benefits of the NBAD Classic Credit Card
The benefits you are entitled to when you use this card range from easy to pay instalment plans to credit shields and attractive discounts.
- Instalment Plans: When you make a big purchase using this card, you can turn the repayment into easy to pay instalments which start at 3 months and can go on for 36 months. For repayment plans of 36 months no interest rate is charged while those up to 24 months may attract a monthly interest rate of 0.70% to 1%. You can even go in for an early settlement for which you will be charged AED 250 along with the interest for the remaining period.
- Credit Shield: The credit shield provided by the card ensures that your outstanding balance is covered should you be forced into a position where you can’t pay it back due to unfortunate events. The charge for this facility is 0.85% of the outstanding balance which is subject to a maximum of AED 1,700.
- Special Offers: The card allows you to avail special offers and discounts like:
- You can get discounts of 10% to 20% at select restaurants.
- The card allows you to get up to 15% off on clothes and shoes and up to 40% off on glasses.
- It also offers 10% to 20% off at certain stores like Nazih Trading and Car Clinic.
- When used at hotels it offers 10% to 30% off on room rents and up to 20% off on food and beverages.
- Purchases made using this card are protected for up to 90 days against theft, loss or damage. The amount of cover provided in such cases will be up to USD 10,000.
- For improved security the card sends you an SMS alert every time your card is used and also one time passwords to complete transactions.
NBAD Classic Credit Card Rewards
With the Classic Credit Card you also get access to the NBAD Stars reward program where you earn 1 NBAD Star for every AED you spend using the card. Once you have collected enough stars, you can exchange them for Skywards Miles from Emirates, use them to book flight tickets though the NBAD Stars’ special travel portal or have them transferred to the NBAD Stars Card which lets you shop using the stars you have earned.
With the rewards, discounts, special offers and added security that this card offers, it is clear that when you use an NBAD Classic Credit Card, you can do so with complete peace of mind.