A line of credit, a technique for personal financial management, a tool in case of emergencies, an elite status symbol, a feature-packed treasure trove of benefits, rewards, exclusive deals and above all – safety. All this and more, in the new Mashreq Bank Platinum Elite Credit Card, which also incorporates the latest Chip & Pin technology for faster transactions and an added level of security.
Features of the Mashreq Platinum Elite Credit Card
- Annual fee of AED 650.
- Zero maintenance fees.
- Retail interest rate of 2.99%.
- Cash advance interest rate of 3.09%.
- Credit shield at 0.89% of the outstanding amount.
- Processing fee for 0% interest Easy Payment Plans at participating merchants:
- 1% for 3 and 6 months tenure.
- 2% for 9 and 12 months tenure.
- Coverage of AED 600,000, charged at AED 45 per month.
- Coverage of AED 300,000, charged at AED 30 per month.
Pay Protect is an optional extra cover available to all cardholders that waives off all outstanding balance in the event of death or contracting a critical illness. This feature also pays out an additional benefit to your surviving dependant family members in the event of your demise. This feature is charged 0.89% of your outstanding amount.
- Involuntary loss of employment – monthly benefit of 10% of your outstanding card balance, limited to AED 5,000 per month, for up to 12 months.
- Critical Illness – pays off your outstanding balance up to AED 50,000, with an additional equivalent benefit up to a maximum of AED 50,000.
- Death – pays off your outstanding balance up to AED 50,000, and your legal heirs will receive an equivalent benefit up to a maximum of AED 50,000.
Benefits of the Mashreq Platinum Elite Credit Card
- Complimentary Priority Pass to all cardholders, giving you free access to over 700 airport lounges in more than 400 cities worldwide.
- Complimentary travel insurance of up to $100,000 in case of death or permanent total disablement and a reimbursement of up to $60,000 in case of medical expenditure as a result of accident and/or sickness.
- Safedriver is a reliable local travel option that’s available at a preferential discount of 15% for Platinum Elite Cardholders. Customer safety and security is a priority.
- Discounts on dining of up to 50% across 1,800 restaurants in the UAE and over 1,300 worldwide. In addition to discounts, cardholders will also earn Salaam Points on dining expenditure.
- Massive discounts on tickets for concerts and events in the UAE.
- Discounts on lifestyle activities like activity centre, gyms, spas and wellness centres across the UAE like Al Raha Beach Hotel, Angsana Spa, De La Mer Day Spa, Dubai Herbal & Treatment Centre, Infinity Health Club, Tee & Putt Mini Golf, United Pro Sports, 5D Cinema, etc. to name a few.
Benefits of the Mashreq Platinum Elite MasterCard Credit Card
- Exclusive offers, benefits and discounts across shopping, dining, travel and hotels, sports, entertainment and much more, worldwide.
- Travel insurance benefits for inconvenience and cancellation, accidental and medical cover.
- Extended warranties on goods beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Purchase protection on goods in case of theft, damage or destruction.
- Fraud protection.
Benefits of the Mashreq Platinum Elite Visa Credit Card
- Exclusive offers and benefits across a varied selection of travel, dining, shopping and lifestyle activities.
- Emergency assistance in case of lost/stolen cards reporting, emergency replacement of cards and emergency cash disbursement.
- Medical and legal referral.
- Purchase protection on goods in case of theft, damage of destruction.
- Extended warranties that go beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Fast-track immigration at over 380 international airports with yQ (meet & assist).
- 15% off on Airport SpeedPass services at yQ-participating airports.
- Buy one get one free on movie tickets at VOX Cinemas.
Mashreq Bank Platinum Elite Credit Card rewards program – Salaam Points
- Earn points every time you spend using the card, and on any other Mashreq Bank products and services that you use. E.g. you can earn Salaam Points by maintaining and using a savings account, investing in fixed and unfixed deposits, etc.
- Salaam Points are valid for up to 3 years.
- Total points balance is made up of two types of points:
- Relationship points – earn these simply by maintaining a relationship with the bank and using their retail banking solutions.
- Spend points – earn these by using your card on retail spending.
- Spend points are earned at the rate of 4 Salaam points for every AED 1 spent in the UAE, and 10 Salaam points for every AED 1 equivalent on international spending.
- These points can be redeemed against travel tickets, shopping at point-of-sale-machines, gift vouchers, etc.
- Instantly redeem these points against fashion, jewellery, apparel, electronics, furniture, shoes, and much more across 1,850 partner outlets in the UAE.
- It should be noted that no points will be rewarded on transactions made on government sites, charity payments and utility bill payments made directly.
- Spending at grocery stores, educational institutions, supermarkets and on fuel will earn 2 Salaam Point for every AED 1 spent.
- Mashreq Bank has tied up with multiplier partners, which reward you with up to 10 times the normal reward points for shopping there. There are also partners that offer 5x rewards and 2x rewards.
- Spending a minimum of AED 200 within 7 days of receiving your card instantly rewards you with 15,000 Salaam Points.
This card is truly the final word in supplementing your elite lifestyle with elite rewards. Apart from its primary function of being a line of extended credit from the bank, it bombards you with offers, benefits, discounts, lifestyle-enhancing offers and more. All this is made available at competitive interest rates and with world-class banking services.