With simple documentation and a host of features, the Rewards MasterCard Platinum Card offered by CBI opens up a whole world of rewards for cardholders. Every time you spend using this card, you get something back in the form of points that can be used to get access to flight tickets, stays at luxury hotels or even turned into cash and put back into your credit card. The documents needed to take this card are also very few, 3 in fact. You’ll need a proof of identity for which your Emirates ID card or your passport would suffice, a copy of your visa if you are an expatriate and the last 3 months bank statement or a salary certificate.
Features of the CBI Rewards MasterCard Platinum Card
- Annual Fee: The annual fee charged for this card is AED 500 for the primary card. Supplementary cards don’t have any annual fee associated with them.
- Interest Rates: The interest rate charged for these cards is 2.99% per month on retail and cash advance transactions.
- Easy Payment Plans: The dues on your card can be turned into instalments and paid back over a period of 36 months at a charge of 1%.
- Credit Period: The card offers an interest free period of 45 days for payments. The payment has to be a minimum of 3% of the amount due subject to a minimum of AED 100.
- Cash Advance: The card allows you to withdraw up to 50% of your credit limit as cash.
- Cash withdrawals: If you take a cash advance, you will have to pay a fee of 3% or AED 100, whichever is higher.
- International transactions: This card can be used to conduct transactions in foreign currencies for which a charge of 2.75% will be levied.
Benefits of the CBI Rewards MasterCard Platinum Card
The benefits of the card are not just limited to the reward schemes. Some of the benefits offered by this card are:
- Credit Limits: The card offers attractive credit limits which are decided by the bank according to its policies.
- Credit Shield: It also offers a credit shield to cover the outstanding balance on the card in case you find it difficult to pay it back due to losing your job or meeting with an accident. The charge for this protection is 0.85% of the outstanding balance.
- Special Offers: The card offers up to 50,000 reward points as a joining bonus when you receive your card.
- If you transfer your balance for a period of 3 months then no interest or processing fee is charged.
Rewards offered by CBI Rewards MasterCard Platinum Card
The rewards offered by this card range from a reward points program to access to exclusive services and discounts.
- The points earned via the rewards program can be used to book flights, hotels, hire cars anywhere in the world, etc. These points can also be converted to cash and added back to your credit card.
- When you spend within the UAE you earn 1 reward point for every AED spent.
- When you spend more than AED 2,000 within the UAE you earn 2 points for every AED spent.
- When you use the card to make purchases outside the UAE you earn 3 AED for every AED spent.
- Holding this card also gives you access to lounges at airports in the UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Kuwait and KSA.
- The card comes with a special association with Priceless Arabia that offers you special offers and discounts on travel, dining shopping and sports.
- It also comes with free fraud protection meant to guard you against fraudulent use of your card.
- It also offers a global protection service which ensures that you have access to emergency card replacement services and emergency cash when you are travelling.
The Rewards MasterCard Platinum Card truly lives up to its name by providing cardholders with attractive rewards programs and other benefits that make it a very good choice if you are looking for a card that pays you back for using it.