The Western Union Card is a credit card offered by the Commercial Bank of Dubai. The Commercial Bank of Dubai, was incorporated as a joint venture between Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait, in 1969. It became a National Public Shareholding company by 1982.
The Commercial Bank of Dubai (CMD) specialises in personal banking, corporate banking and Islamic Banking.
CMD offers its customers a wide range of credit cards such as Visa Infinite, Masterclass Gold, e-Tijari Web Card and Visa Classic among others. The Western Union Card, offered by CMD, offers several benefits to both the employee and employer besides providing its customers various attractive features.
Benefits of Western Union Card
- The Western Union Card is a reloadable credit card, i.e, provides a cost effective salary payment mechanism to both employers and employees.
- The Western Union Card is accepted around the world for making purchases in addition to cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- The Commercial Bank of Dubai provides 24-hour access to funds through ATMs.
- Employees can avoid carrying large sums of cash if they opt for the Western Union card.
- The card allows customers the benefit to shop as they like in any part of the world.
- The Western Union Card removes the need for costly cheque-cashing services and ensures less dependence on others for encashing pay cheques.
No documents are required.
- Rateb Card is offered through business and corporate relationship.
- Employees of companies (approved by CMD) with remuneration below AED 5000 are eligible to apply for Rateb Card.
- Every company has to mandatorily register for the Salary Wages Protection System (WPS).