The Platinum Credit Card offered by American Express brings customers the perfect blend of convenience and privileges. This card offers customers features like waiver of annual fee, high cash withdrawal limits. They also feature privileges like access to lounges at various airports along with protection in the form of travel accident insurance. The card also gives cardholders access to various special offers on dining, travel and shopping.
Features of the American Express Platinum Credit Card
- Annual Fee: The card comes with an annual fee of AED 700 but it can be waived off if you spend up to AED 10,000 on the card within the first 3 months.
- Supplementary Cards: You can take up to 7 supplementary cards, 2 of which will be for free and for the rest you will have to pay a fee of AED 200.
- Interest Rates: The interest rates charged on this card is 2.99% per month.
- Interest Free Period: This card offers an interest free period of up to 56 days.
- Cash Advance: You can withdraw up to 40% of your credit limit as cash.
- Cash withdrawals: The fee charged for cash withdrawals is 3% of the amount withdrawn or AED 100, whichever is higher.
- International transactions: These cards can also be used to complete transactions in foreign currencies for which a charge of 2.8% will be applicable.
- The minimum amount that you can pay towards the card is the higher of 5% of the outstanding balance or AED 35.
Benefits of the American Express Platinum Credit Card
Apart from these features, this American Express credit card also offers some interesting benefits. These are:
- Insurance: When you are travelling, you will be entitled to travel accident insurance of up to AED 1.8 million. This insurance will also cover delayed flights, lost connecting flights and lost or delayed luggage.
- Special Offers: Some of the special offers available through this card are:
- Discounts ranging from 10% to 25% when you used this card for shopping.
- If you visit a participating restaurants and pay with this card, you can get a discount ranging from 10% to 20% on the total bill or on the food and beverages you order.
- This card can also get you access to up to 20% off on visits to spas and discounts on gym memberships.
- Frequent travellers can expect to get discounts when they book hotels or flights through this car.
American Express Platinum Credit Card Rewards
The American Express Platinum credit card comes with the Membership Rewards program. With this program you can:
- Earn 2 reward points for every AED 4 spent on the card.
- Redeem these reward points at British Airways, Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards, Asia Miles and more.
The privileges and the rewards points earned on this card can make, using this card a total pleasure and beneficial to you.