The American Express Gold credit card is the perfect blend of a credit card and a travel companion. It can be especially beneficial to those who spend a lot of time travelling. This is so because some of its features include access to lounges at airports, shopping and dining benefits and even travel insurance. It also comes with a rewards program that lets you earn points which can be redeemed for gift vouchers or airline tickets at a later date. It also offers protection for you loved ones through the credit shield and protection for your purchases through its retail protection insurance.
Features of the American Express Gold Credit Card
- Annual Fee: The annual fee that you have to pay for this card is AED 395.
- Supplementary Cards: 9 Supplementary cards taken on this card are issued free of annual fee.
- Interest Rates: The interest rate charged for retail purchases is 2.99% per month.
- Interest Free Period: The interest free period for this card is 56 days.
- Cash Advance: You can withdraw up to 40% of your credit limit as cash.
- Cash withdrawals: The fee charged for cash withdrawals is the higher of 3% of the amount withdrawn and AED 100.
- International transactions: This card can be used to complete international transactions. A fee of 2.8% is charged for such transactions.
- To be eligible for this card you will need to be salaried or self-employed and above the age of 21 years.
- You will also need to have a monthly income of AED 16,700 or AED 22,950 to be eligible for this card.
- The minimum monthly payment you can make towards this card is the higher of AED 35 and 5% of the outstanding amount.
Benefits of the American Express Gold Credit Card
These features are not the only things that the Gold credit card offers. It also offers some pretty attractive benefits such as:
- Credit Shield: For a payment of 0.7% of your outstanding balance you can activate the credit shield which will ensure that if something happens to you and you can't pay back the outstanding amount on your cards, it won't become a burden on anyone.
- Insurance: This card also offers travel insurance which provides travel accident insurance of up to AED 350,000. It also covers lost luggage with an amount of AED 4,000. For situations of delayed luggage or delayed/cancelled flights, the insurance offers up to AED 750.
- Special Offers: Some of the special offers available with this credit card attractive discounts on things like shopping, dining, travel, etc.
- The card also offers free access to lounges at various airports.
- Purchases made using this card are protected from accidental damage, theft or loss for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase. The maximum amount you can claim in a year with this facility is AED 180,000.
- Even when someone spends using the supplementary cards, the reward points for that purchase are credited to your account.
American Express Gold Credit Card Rewards
The rewards program available with this card is know as the Membership Rewards program. Some of the features of this program are:
- Earn 1 point for every USD spent on the card. If payments are made in AED or any other currency then you will earn 1 point for a spend equivalent to USD 1.
- There is no expiry date for the points you earn and neither is there a limit on the number of points you can earn.
- The points can be used with frequent flyer programs to get benefits while booking tickets.
- The points can also be used to get discount or free shopping vouchers.
The rewards program, the features and the benefits available with this card ensure that your shopping experience with this card will be memorable.