The Dubai Duty Free credit card offered by American Express brings a host of features and benefits to its customers. It combines the traditional features of a credit card with some special benefits that make this card very friendly for the frequent traveller and the shopping enthusiast. It even offers protection for your retail purchases along with providing you with a secure medium for making payments. Other special offers that come with this card can be related to things like dining, shopping, entertainment, etc.
Features of American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card
- Annual Fee: The annual fee for this card is AED 175.
- Supplementary Cards: You can take supplementary cards based on this card and you won't have to pay anything for them. The limit for this facility is 9 cards.
- Interest Rates: The interest rate charged on retail purchases is 2.99% per month.
- Interest Free Period: This card offers an interest free period of up to 56 days.
- Cash Advance: You can withdraw up to 40% of your credit limit as cash.
- Cash withdrawals: The fee charged for cash withdrawals is 3% of the amount withdrawn or AED 100, whichever is higher.
- International transactions: This card can be used to complete transactions in foreign currencies for which a fee of 2.8% will be charged.
- To be able to apply for this card you will have to have a minimum monthly income of about AED 17,000.
- The minimum payment for this card is 5% of the outstanding balance or AED 35, whichever is higher.
Benefits of the American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card
The Dubai Duty Free card also offers some benefits to the cardholder.
- Credit Shield: This card comes with the credit shield option for a payment of 0.7% of your outstanding balance. This will ensure that should something happen to you, your outstanding balance will not become a burden on anyone.
- Special Offers: Some of the special offers that you can avail on this card are:
- Shopping at Dubai duty free shops entitles you to a 10% discount.
- The food you order at The Irish Village will also be eligible for a 10% discount.
- Visits to the Century Village will also earn you a 10% discount on the food and beverages.
- Using your card will also get you entry into lucky draws where you could win USD 1 Million or a car.
- If you buy anything using this card, it is automatically protected against theft, loss and accidental damage for a period of 90 days.
The features and benefits that the Dubai Duty Free American Express credit card offers makes it a really good card to have around if you find yourself in the middle of Dubai duty free with time to spare.