Citibank offers two kinds of personal loans to cater to the different needs of customers. There is a no salary transfer option for customers who want to avail the personal loan without transferring their salary account to the bank. Like any other bank, Citibank has its own eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled if the customer has to avail the personal loan. Listed below is the eligibility criteria of Citibank personal loan.
- Should be residing in UAE
- Should be earning income
- Should earn a minimum salary of AED 5,000
- Should possess good credit history
- Have a good relationship with the bank
Factors affecting the Eligibility of Citibank Personal Loan
Listed below are the factors that affect the eligibility of Citibank personal loan.
- Age of the applicant- The applicant needs to be of minimum age cited by the bank in order to be eligible of the loan.
- Income of the applicant- The applicant needs to earn a minimum amount as salary in order to be eligible for the loan.
- Credit history- Banks take credit history of the applicant very seriously when determining their eligibility for the personal loan. A bad credit history might lead to rejection of the loan application.
How to increase your Citibank Personal Loan Eligibility?
There are several ways through which one can increase their Citibank personal loan eligibility. Listed below are some of the most common and easy ways through which one can increase their loan eligibility.
- Clear all existing debt
- Do not default on credit card payments
- Maintain a good credit history
- Maintain a balance of secured and unsecured loans
- Opt for longer tenures on your loan
Frequently asked questions- Citibank Personal Loan Eligibility
- How long does it take for the personal loan to get approved?
- Is there a minimum salary requirement?
The personal loans offered by Citibank are approved very quickly. The personal loan might even be approved in two days if the applicant provides all the documents.
The applicant has to earn a minimum income of AED 5000 in order to be eligible for the loan.