Introduction to Citibank Car Insurance in UAE
Citibank, one of the largest banking corporations in the world, offers car insurance to its customers in the UAE. This scheme is provided by AIG and offers comprehensive coverage for your vehicle and related damages.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Car Insurance
- Online purchase and renewal.
- Agency repair for damaged vehicles less than 1 year old.
- Roadside assistance from AAA Roadside Assistance, which covers mechanical repairs, battery boost, lock out, flat tire, vehicle towing, GCC roadside assistance and emergency fuel delivery.
- Emergency medical expenses up to AED 6,000 in case of medical treatment arising out of an accident.
- Personal effects cover up to AED 5,000 for belongings damaged by lightning, fire, or explosion.
- Cover available for driving in GCC countries.
- Key replacement cover up to AED 2,000 per replacement.
- Car registration and renewal services through AAA Roadside Assistance.
Eligibility Criteria for Citibank Car Insurance
This scheme is available for UAE residents with valid residence visa or Emirates ID. The following have to be produced while applying for the plan:
- Driver’s license.
- Vehicle registration card or RTA certificate or Purchase of Sale.
- Details of claims, if any.
- Name and contact details via passport copy with visa page/Emirates ID.
- Date of birth and vehicle details.
Why choose Citibank Car Insurance?
Being one of the oldest financial institutions in the world, Citibank offers a vast variety of products and services for its customers. The car insurance scheme provides comprehensive coverage for your vehicle including the option to enrol online. The plan is offered by AIG, which is also one of the major general insurance providers in the world. You are required to produce minimum documents when availing the plan, and processing times are typically very low.
The car insurance also provides coverage for issues such as personal injury, emergency medical assistance, roadside assistance etc. which secure you in a complete manner.
Other products offered by Citibank in UAE are:
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
How do I register online for Citibank Car Insurance?
What is the process of policy renewal?
Are there any optional top-ups available with the policy?
You can register online for this motor insurance by going to the official bank website and applying online in the relevant section. The application form has to be filled up, along with uploaded copies of the following - Residence visa or Emirates ID, driver’s license and vehicle registration or related documents.
The insurer will send you a notification 2 months before the registration expires. You can visit the official website and renew your policy online in a few simple and straightforward steps.
Yes, when you buy Citibank Car Insurance, you can also opt for personal accident for driver and passengers (separately), windscreen cover, protected no claims bonus, dent repairs, car hire etc. by paying a nominal premium above the base policy premium.