Commercial Bank International (CBI) was founded in 1991. The bank was awarded the “Fastest Growing Bank” and the “Most Improved Bank” honours in 2013 by the Banker Middle East. CBI offers traditional and Islamic banking products – from savings to investment to financing. CBI Credit Cards are customised to the customer’s needs, and offers low interest rates, no annual fees and attractive rewards on spending. The bank offers 3 types of credit cards: Visa Platinum, MasterCard Titanium and Rewards MasterCard Platinum.
Special offers on CBI credit cards
Apart from the usual benefits attached to credit cards, CBI also offers special promotions and discounts every year to help the customers make the most of their credit cards. For 2016, the bank has offers in travel and leisure, dining and others.
CBI credit card Dining offers
Dining offers allow you to get concessions on bills of food and beverages. The following offers have been picked out for you:
- Pan Asia Restaurant: Get 25% off on the total bill when you dine at Pan Asia Restaurant, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Dubai. The offer is valid until August 9, 2016.
- Flavours Restaurant: Enjoy a 25% rebate on the total bill at Flavours Restaurant, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Dubai. The offer is valid up to August 9, 2016.
- Kenza Restaurant: Avail a 20% discount on the total bill at Kenza Restaurant, Ramada Downtown, Dubai. The offer is valid until August 9, 2016.
- Sugaholic: CBI Visa Platinum customers are eligible for a 15% rebate on any of the signature flavoured cakes by Sugaholic. The offer is valid up to June 1, 2016.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City: Get a 15% concession on the total bill at selected restaurants in Radisson Blu Hotel. This offer is available only for CBI’s Visa Platinum credit card holders. The promotion expires on June 1, 2016. Here’s a list of the participating restaurants:
- Tamanya Terrace
- Icon Bar
- Chef’s House
- Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Apartments: Avail a 15% discount on food and beverages at various restaurants of Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Apartments. This offer is available only for CBI’s Visa Platinum credit card holders. The offer is valid up to June 9, 2016. Participating restaurants are as follows:
- Khana Peena
- Front Page
- La Mode (this offer is valid up to June 1, 2016)
- Ibis Dubai: Users of CBI Visa Platinum credit cards are eligible to get a 15% discount on food and beverages, up to September 30, 2016, at the following restaurants of Ibis Dubai:
- Madisson Sport Bar, Ibis Dubai Al Barsha
- Baharat Restaurant, Ibis Dubai Al Barsha
- Cube Bar, Ibis Dubai Al Rigga
- Lounge Café Restaurant, Ibis Dubai Al Rigga
- Bistro Domino Restaurant, Ibis Dubai Deira City Centre
- Amici Restaurant, Ibis Dubai Mall of the Emirates (minimum spend of USD 50)
- Sublime Bar, Ibis Dubai World Trade Centre (minimum spend of USD 50)
- Cubo Restaurant, Ibis Dubai World Trade Centre (minimum spend of USD 50)
- Chianti Bar, Ibis Dubai World Trade Centre (minimum spend of USD 50)
CBI credit card Health and Wellness offers
CBI credit cards also come with health and wellness benefits as well. You can avail benefits on visits to spas, salons and healthcare facilities.
- Armonia Spa: CBI Visa Platinum credit card users can avail a 20% discount on all Armonia Spa treatments at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. This offer is valid up to September 6, 2016.
- Fit & Spa: There is a 15% concession at Fit & Spa, Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers, for CBI Visa Platinum card members on a minimum expenditure of USD 200. This promotion expires on September 30, 2016.
- Lily & Peach Spa: Avail a 20% rebate on body massages of 1 hour or more, at Lily & Peach Spa in City Seasons Suites, Dubai, if you are a CBI Visa Platinum credit card user.
CBI credit card Travel and Leisure offers
Hotel accommodation and leisure activities can be easier on the pocket if you have CBI credit cards. Check out the following offers:
- Discounts on hotel accommodation: CBI Visa Platinum credit card users will be able to get 25% off on their stay in Jumeirah hotels. This promotion runs from May 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016. The participating hotels are:
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre
- Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers
- Jumeirah Etihad Towers
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
- Madinat Jumeirah – Al Qasr Hotel
- Madinat Jumeirah – Mina A’Salam Hotel
- Madinat Jumeirah – Dar Al Masyaf
- Gold Club offers: These offers are valid only for CBI’s Visa Platinum credit cards.
- 20% rebate on green fees rack rate between Sundays and Wednesdays at Abu dhabi Golf Club. Validity: Until December 31, 2016.
- 20% off on green fees rack rate between Sundays and Wednesdays at Jumeirah Golf Estates. Validity: Until August 31, 2016.
- Hotel discounts: Book online through HotelClub/Visa website using your CBI Visa Platinum card and get upgrades and discounts of up to 15%. This offer is valid until December 31, 2016.
- Travel offers by Mastercard: CBI MasterCard Titanium and Platinum credit card users are eligible for a series of travel and leisure-related offers listed on the website of Priceless by MasterCard. Attractive rebates are available at salons, spas, sports activities, entertainment zones, restaurants and vacations.
- Access to airport’s VIP lounges: You can avail free access to VIP lounges at airports with your CBI MasterCard Titanium and Platinum credit cards. The list of lounges are available on Priority Pass website.
- Yachting: Xclusive Yachts provides CBI Visa Platinum credit card users with a complimentary hour-up until June 1, 2016.
CBI credit card Easy Payment Plan Offers
Easy Payment Plan (EPP) allows you to buy a product or service and pay for it in instalments. This year, CBI is offering an EPP for school fees at 0% interest. There is no processing fee either. Pay your child’s school fees using a CBI credit card, and call 800224 to enrol it in an EPP of 6 months. The transaction has to be AED 2,000 or more.
It is advisable not to claim these offers without consulting the bank or the vendor. Read the terms and conditions carefully on the bank or Visa/Mastercard websites too. It is possible that your credit card type may not be part of the promotion, or the bank has withdrawn the offer, or the stipulated number of services have been completed under the offer.