Being one of the leading banks in UAE, Commercial Bank of Abu Dhabi offers a number of credit cards to meet your individual needs. You can get attractive reward points every time you purchase something by using your CBD Credit Card and redeem those points for shopping, dining, booking travel tickets etc. You can also get cashback and earn Skywards Mile on spending made through your CBD Credit Card.
Credit Cards Offered by CBD
Commercial Bank of Dubai offers a number of credit cards to help you meet your personalized needs. You can choose the one that you would like to have from a wide variety of credit cards offered by the bank. CBD offers total 6 credit cards and all the credit cards are free from annual fee. Listed below are the credit cards offered by Commercial Bank of Dubai:
- World MasterCard: The card comes with a host of unique features and benefits. The cardholder can enjoy exciting privileges by using this annual fee free credit card.
- Visa Infinite: The card is designed to help you meet your specialized needs and experience a great lifestyle. The card is free from annual fee.
- Visa Signature: The card helps you enjoy a lot of attractive benefits such as full multi-trip travel insurance, financial flexibility, greater spending power and many more. There is no annual fee applicable for this credit card.
- MasterCard Gold: This annual fee free credit card offers you greater spending power. You can earn exclusive rewards by using this card. The card is accepted worldwide.
- Visa Classic: The card can really redefine your lifestyle by offering attractive benefits such as easy online shopping, utility bill payments, free travel insurance etc.
- e-Tijari Web Card: The card is free for life and particularly designed for a safe and rewarding online shopping experience.
Why choose CBD Credit Card?
The credit cards offered by Commercial Bank of Dubai come with a number of attractive benefits and features by using which you can lead a comfortable, luxurious and peaceful life. Not only you can enjoy benefits like purchase protection, travel insurance, international concierge services etc., you can also earn reward points and cash back against your spending and redeem them for shopping, dining, travel ticket booking etc.
About CBD Bank
CBD stands for the Commercial Bank of Dubai. The bank was established in 1969. Initially, CBD was a part of the joint venture between Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. Later on, the bank turned into a National Public Shareholding company in 1982 after witnessing an exceptional increase in its capital base. CBD offers a wide range of financial products and services to its clients.
CBD Credit Card Offers
By using the credit cards offered by Commercial Bank of Dubai, you can enjoy a number of promotional offers, benefits and rewards. Listed below are some of the latest promotions offered by CBD:
- Enjoy MasterCard moments. This is a premium rewards program designed for the MasterCard cardholders.
- Earn Attijari Points and redeem them later against a lot of activities.
- Get dining, shopping and entertainment vouchers by using your CBD Credit Card.
- Get discounts at select restaurants in the UAE.
- Get free supplementary cards.
- Enjoy free enrollment in Attijari Points Rewards Program.
- Get discounts on movie tickets at select cinemas like VOX Cinema.
|Check For Latest CBD Credit Cards Offers|
Features & Benefits of CBD Credit Card
The CBD Credit Card come with the following features and benefits:
- All the cards offered by CBD are free from annual fee.
- You can set your own credit limit.
- Enjoy worldwide acceptance of your CBD Credit Card.
- Get competitive interest rate on your purchases.
- Enjoy free travel insurance coverage.
- Enjoy safe and rewarding online shopping experience.
- Receive supplementary credit cards with your main card.
- Enjoy purchase protection and extended warranty.
- Get complete multi-trip travel insurance.
- Enjoy international concierge services.
- Get complimentary access to select fitness club and airport lounges.
- Enjoy emergency card replacement service within 24 hours wherever you are.
- 24/7 dedicated customer service is available.
- Enjoy free delivery of your credit card at your doorstep.
Other Products offered by CBD UAE:
Commercial bank of Dubai offers a wide range of other products and services, other than offering credit cards. Listed below are the major financial products and services offered by CBD:
- Accounts - Current Account, Savings Account, Flexi Deposit, Unit Time Deposit, Fixed Deposit, Mustaqbali Savings Scheme, Zawaj Savings Scheme.
- Ways of Banking - Facebook Branch, Online Banking, Video Tutorials, Mobile Banking, SMS Banking, Phone Banking, SMS Banking, Cash Online.
- CBD Personal Loan.
- CBD Tamweel Car Loan.
- CBD Home Loan.
- General Insurance- AutoCare, CritiCare and WomenCare.
- Life Insurance and Savings Plans – TriPlus, FutureInvest and EduCare
- Safe Deposits like Aman Safe Deposit
- Investment products like Al Dana Memberships, Al Dana Ladies Banking, and Attijari Tadawul.
- Banking services including Ladies Banking, Priority Banking, Chinese Banking and Islamic Banking.
CBD Credit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I enjoy multi-trip travel insurance with my CBD Credit Card? Yes, you can enjoy multi-trip travel insurance with your CBD Credit Card.
- Do I need to pay annual fee for my CBD Credit Card? No, all CBD Credit Cards are free from annual fee. You don’t have to pay any annual fee.
- Can I set the credit limit of my CBD Credit Cards? Yes, you can set your own credit limit in your CBD Credit Card.
- What is Attijari Reward Point? This is a kind of reward point you can earn for every dirham you spend with your CBD Credit Card.
- Which credit card offered by CBD is ideal for online shopping? e-Tijari Web Card offered by CBD is ideal for online shopping experience.
- Whom do I contact If have a query as to my CBD Credit Card? You can contact CBD’s 24/7 customer service Centre to resolve of your credit card relate and other queries.
News About CBD Credit Card
CBD’s first half net profit down by 20.3 percent
Commercial Bank of Dubai reported 20.3% lower net profit when compared to the same period last year. The bank’s operating income increased to Dh1.19 in the first half of 2016. Customer deposits increased by 15.9%. Net impairment allowances were Dh134 million higher in comparison to the first half of 2015. Bank’s operating expenses were flat Dh420.1 million for the first half of 2016. The bank aims to develop the digital offering to their customers and expanding their distribution channels and are confident of facing credit challenges arising in the future.
19th July 2016
CBD Experiences Fall in its Net Profit in Q1
The Commercial Bank of Dubai witnesses fall in its net profit in the first three months of 2016. The net profit of the bank is 18.4% lower in the first quarter of 2016 compared to Dh 295 million in 2015 for the same quarter. The net profit comes down to Dh 241. Also, the bank’s operating income is down by 0.8% and comes down to Dh 576 compared to Dh 581 in 2015. On the other hand, the bank’s operating expenses increases to Dh208 million in the first quarter of 2016 which is 8.5% higher compared to Dh 192 million in the first quarter of 2015. The cost to income ratio of the bank remains at 36.2%. However, the bank continues its efforts to grow in select sectors and increase its profits by improving its share of wallet. Also, the bank has taken certain initiatives to improve its customer engagements.
Meanwhile, the customer deposits, loans and advances of the bank experience growth compared to the previous year. Loans and advances are up by 15.9% while customer deposits are up by 1.6% in the 1st quarter of 2016 compared to 2015.
27th April 2016
CBD Loses 11.3% in Net Profits in 2015
The net profits of the Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) fell by 11.3 percent compared with the previous year to Dh1.066 billion in 2015. The key reason was a 51 percent rise in net impairment charges to Dh427 million.
The bank recorded a slight growth in operating profits by 0.5 percent to Dh1.49 billion, and in operating income by 5 percent to Dh2.35 billion. Net interest rose by 3.6 percent, non-interest income increased by 8.3 percent and fees and commission went up by 22.9 percent.
There was a 22.6 percent increase in loans and advances to Dh39.0 billion last year, as against Dh31.8 billion recorded in in 2014. While more loans were given out in all segments personal and business banking net loans were 46 percent higher from Dh4.6 billion I 2014 to Dh6.7 billion in 2015. Corporate and commercial banking net loans rose 19 percent from Dh27.2 billion in 2014 to Dh32.3 billion.
06th April 2016
Commercial Bank of Dubai Reports 11.3% Dip in Net Profits
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)’s net profits for 2015 fell by 11.3 percent to AED 1.066 billion, because of net impairment charges that went up by 51 percent to AED 427 million. Operating profits, on the other hand, rose slightly by 0.5 percent to AED 1.49 billion.
The bank’s operating income stood at AED 2.35 billion for 2015, up 5 percent. This was attributed to an 8.3 per cent rise in non-interest income to AED 712.2 million, a 22.9 percent increase in fees and commission to AED 498.2 million, and a 3.6 percent rise in net interest income to AED 1.64 billion.
CBD’s operating expenses rose by 13.8 percent to AED 858.8 million in 2015. The cost-to-income ratio was 36.5 percent. The bank expanded its retail distribution network in 2015 and maintained its focus on growing personal and business banking divisions, increasing the cost support required for the higher business volumes.
08th February 2016
CBD announces special offers on select credit cards
The Commercial Bank of Dubai has announced some special offers on their World MasterCard and Visa Infinite credit card. These offers include complimentary access to the Mina A’Salam Talise Fitness Club which will include access to the services of their squash court, swimming pools, sauna and exercise classes. Certain cardholders will also have the opportunity to apply for a 20% discount on the fee for Talise Spas all over the UAE provided the payments are made using these credit cards. These offers are slated to end by the 15th of June 2016.
06th November 2015
2.8% growth in CBD’s net profit
The net profit of Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) for 2015’s first nine months of 2015 rose by around 2.8% from AED 890 million to AED 915 million for the same period of the current year.
Due to an increase of 5.7% in Net Interest Income at AED 1.22 billion from 9M-14: AED 1.16 billion, the operating profit also rose by 3.8% at AED 1.14 billion. The balance sheet also recorded a 17% growth in the non-interest income at AED 547.5 million from 9M-14: AED 467.8 million. There was also an increase of 36.8% in fees and commission.
Operating expenses also witnessed an increase of 19.9 per cent from AED 523.7 million in 9M-14 to AED 627.9 million in 9M-15. The Bank, in a bid to focus on strategies, expanded its sales force and distribution network and committed resources to its digital banking platform. This in turn increased variable costs to support higher business volumes, with the cost to income ratio becoming 35.5%.
04th November 2015
Payment technologies get an upgrade with UAE Banks
Many banks in the UAE are launching smarter solutions to keep up with the change. Commercial Bank of Dubai is one such bank, they have launched their very own platform of personal finance management. This platform also has a Facebook page as well, to give their customer a great online banking experience. The digital solutions being offered will be to save time, minimise transaction costs for consumers adapt to the changes on the online world and also sync with the younger generation.
29th October 2015