Introduction to ADCB Health Insurance in UAE
ADCB offers two kinds of health insurance to ensure that the customer’s financial needs are met when it comes to medical expenditures. It inculcates Shariáh compliant financial solutions for one of its health insurance plan with flexible and attractive benefits.
Types of Health Insurance offered by ADCB
This is a life and health insurance wrapped in one offered by ADCB. Protector plus is a personal accident insurance that offers cover protection from accident and natural calamities. This insurance plan covers natural death in addition to accidental death, disability and in-patient medical expenses that might occur in the plan duration. It offers worldwide disability and life insurance benefits. There is no medical examination required for this health insurance plan. It follows a simple and easy paperless application and easy payment options. The plan is available for people up to 65 years old.
Inpatient NRI Health Insurance:
ADCB has come up with a special health insurance plan just for the non-residents. This health insurance plan offers cover for in-patient hospitalisation at all major hospitals in India with a maximum sum insured of Rs. 500,000. The health insurance is applicable only when:
- The policyholder travels to India.
- Family of policyholder stays in India
- Family of policyholder travelling to India.
Health Insurance for NRIs - ADCB Inpatient NRI Health Insurance
ADCB is one of the biggest and most trusted financial institutions in the UAE. The bank has designed yet another comprehensive health insurance package that offers cover to inpatient facilities for customers who use major hospitals across India. The minimum insurance amount is Rs.5 lacs, and customers can enjoy total security whenever they travel back home.
Eligibility Criteria for Inpatient NRI Health Insurance
Customers can avail the ADCB Inpatient NRI Health Insurance provided the policyholder or his/her family travels to India and the policyholder’s family resides in India.
Features of Inpatient NRI Health Insurance
- Insurance cover for hospitalisation expenses if the patient is hospitalised for at least 24 hours. Expenses covered include nursing charges, boarding and room as per policy terms
- The patient should not be over 60 years of age at the time of admission
- Policy can be renewed to feature 75 years as the maximum age, depending upon the company’s discretion
- Specialist’s, consultant’s surgeon’s and anesthetist’s charges included
- Cost of drugs and medicines
- Transportation charges included if ambulance is used to move the insured to the hospital, subject to a maximum of Rs.750 for each hospitalisation. The maximum limit for the entire policy period is Rs.1500
- Cover for pre-existing illnesses after 36 months from the date the policy started
- Cover for pre-hospitalisation up to 30 days before the date on which the patient was admitted and post-hospitalisation to the extent of 7% of hospitalisation expenses not exceeding Rs.5000.
- Only NRIs can apply
- Medical examination not required
- No outpatient insurance
- If the policyholder comes back to India, the policy can be renewed after a waiting period of 30 days
Special conditions for customers between 55 and 60 years of age
- The coverage is not provided for individuals alone, but for the whole family
- If there are pre-existing illnesses as affirmed in the policy, they will not be included
- The maximum amount of money that a customer can avail will not exceed Rs.2 lacs
- The payment of claims is conditional on co-payment of 30%
Main Exclusions of Inpatient NRI Health Insurance
- Customers will have to wait for 36 months if they want coverage for expenses related to treating pre-existing conditions/diseases/illnesses
- Treatment of sickness/disease/illness contracted in the first month from the date the policy started
- Exclusions during the first two years include cataract, fibromyoma or hysterectomy for menorrhagia, joint or knee replacement surgery, varicose ulcers and varicose veins, and prolapse of intervertebral disc.
- Exclusions during the first year include hypertrophy, benign prostate. Hydrocele, piles, fistula, hernia, congenital internal defects, sinusitis and related illnesses, removal of renal stone and gallstones.
- Expenses arising out of purely diagnostic conditions without any existence of diseases
- Treatment of external congenital illnesses
- Expenses arising out of non-allopathic treatment
- Cosmetic expenses
Features and Benefits of ADCB Health Insurance
- Covers in-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Maximum age of entry is 60 years
- Covers the cost of medicine and drugs
- No medical examination required
- Applicable only for non-resident Indians
- No outpatient cover
- 30 days waiting period applicable
- Covers emergency ambulance services
- Covers surgeon’s, consultation fee
- The policy is renewable to maximum age of 75 years
Why choose ADCB Health Insurance?
ADCB not only offers health insurance to UAE nationals but also offers a one of its kind health insurance plan for NRIs. The health insurance plan offered by ADCB offers a wide range of cover for both UAE nationals and NRIs. It offers protection with a minimal instalment of AED 25 and allows extension of the policy benefits to spouse and children in Protect Plus health insurance plan.
Other products offered by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank in UAE are: